Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Versus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SweptbackFlame

twitch.tv/SweptbackFlame
Oct 4, 2006
Canada
I know most of you have mixed reactions about this band...but just curious as to what you guys think is there best album? Obviously there early stuff is much better then the shit that is "Versus".

I'm going to go with rEVOLVEr...as much as I like One Kill Wonder...I think the "rEVOLVEr" album's concept was pretty good. Kinda gave them new life...but quickly fell after "The Dead Eye"

Although their first album isn't extremely bad(just mediocre), this band has overall committed an atrocity to the genre of metal and should have been put down many years ago. This band has helped leave a great stain on metal, a stain known as metalcore. All followers of this band shall be rounded up and put to death at once!

I'm not going to vote for anything... because I dont particularly like them... but I do remember them being some sort of a gateway band when I first started listening to metal.

I used to love the s/t when it was released. It sounds and feels very pure. The following two arent bad but with the then new vocalist it couldnt match the heights of the debut to me.

When rEVOLVEr was released I didnt get it at first but it was a grower. I did however LOVE "the dead eye" which generally seems to be a albm you either really like or dont like at all.

I tried to get into the latest one "versus" and I have given it several chances during a long time. And while it isnt a a bad performance it does to me sound really tired and uninspired. Quite boring actually.

I voted for "the dead eye" as their best but I also love the debut.

This band should be shot for their contribution to the creation of metalcore. That said, their music is not always entirely unlistenable, but I can't say I care for any of it.

There are lots of metalcore bands that are better then this crap band:puke:

"The Haunted" by The Haunted is great 90s Thrash Metal. It has a good catchy aggression to it without being overly melodic like The Hanted Made Me Do It (which has a great intro song, if Slayer were still any good). One Kill Wonder is the last heavy album they did but the band had lost their magic by then. They just sound lost and using old ideas from then on.

Last edited: