Best 'thrax live performance you've seen...

Yeah, NFV for me, too.
The definitive Anthrax mix of energy, humour and good tunes!
Back when they were still just goofin around and Scott smiled instead of putting on his "angry face" and screaming like a wrestler!

best live was my 1st one, it was on the Euphoria tour with Suicidal Tendencies, the big stage, the big banners , the big crowd and the even bigger mosh pits, after that ...........downhill!

Hey Dutchy, That tour was my first Thrax show (first concert ever in fact) too. Where did you see them? I saw them on the Belgian date of that tour. You?

Seen Anthrax 5 times, but the POT tour still stands out as my fave. It was my first ever concert too, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

That was my first concert too. Anthrax and Iron Maiden at the Providence Civic Center. I remember hoping my piece of shit '79 Plymouth Volare would make the trip.

I think it was the we've come for all tour or taking the music back. Any way it was at oasis 160 in chicago with lucona coil opening.

I think it was the we've come for all tour or taking the music back. Any way it was at oasis 160 in chicago with lucona coil opening.

YESSS!!!!! Well, actually both Oasis 160 shows crushed. The other I loved was at the Dimebag benefit show, it was a short set, but Anthrax ruled that night.

The best one I have seen was a few years back, in Old Bridge New Jersey - I can't even remember the name of the venue - the venue apparentley was shutting it's doors forever just a few days after Anthrax played - does that ring any bells for anyone? Anyway, it was a great show, they played forever, and they whipped out a couple of songs I never expected to hear. It was totally worth the 5 shitty bands that I had to see open. Although I am still waiting to hear them play "panic!"

They were all awesome on the WCFYA tour.
The show at the now infamous Alrosa Villa in Columbus was really awesome - they played Crush instead of Inside Out, and they teased the first few sections of Lone Justice without Rob (he hadn't learned it all yet), and said "we'll finally be playing this song on the next leg of the tour - but we aren't coming to Columbus, so too bad for you guys" or something to that effect LOL! Of course, I went to the next Cleveland show and saw them play it for the first time live with John anyway.
Also when they played in Cleveland (probably the Agora - but it could have been the now-closed Odeon, I forget), when they busted out 1000 Points Of Hate and Black Lodge. That was fucking awesome. I think they played Taking The Music Back for the first time live that night as well, because they were filming the video at the next show in Chicago.
And at the Odeon in Cleveland on the GOTE tour, they busted out Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC as an encore - even though they were opening for Dio, and openers don't usually have encores.
Also, the Cleveland show where they opened for Motorhead, Ripper Owens was hanging out with us in the crowd, and the band left the stage, the lights came on - but then John came back out onstage and said "Ripper! I know you're out there somewhere! Get the hell up here" and Charlie came out all confused like "What are we going to play?" and they played Madhouse with Ripper belting out the really high notes (it was ear piercing).

And at the Toledo show (yeah, they only played Toledo ONE time in their entire history)...the show was small and the PA sucked - but they busted out Cadillac Rock Box. That was awesome.

YESSS!!!!! Well, actually both Oasis 160 shows crushed. The other I loved was at the Dimebag benefit show, it was a short set, but Anthrax ruled that night.

No offense to Joey V bbut Frankie was missed from the other Oasis 160 show.

Hey Dutchy, That tour was my first Thrax show (first concert ever in fact) too. Where did you see them? I saw them on the Belgian date of that tour. You?

it was my 1st metal show too!! age 15 !! Rijnhal Arnhem!!!it was amazing!!!!:headbang:the only ever show where they had pretty girls in the crowd!!!:kickass: 5000 moshing maniacs!!!!

..........2nd best was the te PE bring the noize tour!!!dope!!!

that shit kicked ass. ATL tour with Metal Church for me and S442 sho in Hollywood stand out. Still bummed I was asked to leave the WCFYA show I went to.

First thrax gig was in LA with DRI, COC, No Mercy and Posessed. :headbang:

Clash of the Titans! Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth with Alice in Chains opening is easily my best metal concert ever.