"ALIVE 2" -- 'Thrax DVD arrives on these Shores!!

Nov 4, 2004
Dia dhuit a chairde sa Caislean-'Thrax,

I know,you've all had your very own 'two cents' on the 'Anthrology' and 'Alive 2' sets,but,it only arrived here in Ireland this week! Finally,weeks after it's initial release,and,after those mandarins at HMV professed they'd not be getting it in,they did...on Tuesday!

Re-affirmed my faith in the band,for the 'Alive 2' DVD is a spectacular moshin' treat! Excellent,full of great extra's,good documentary,and,of course,the supreme live show itself!

The versions of 'Lone Justice' and 'Deathrider' are worth the price of admission alone,they're that good. Anthrax are cookin',they've never sounded so dang good! Another favourite would be 'Time',always been a top-fave but I'd never seen it live,and the version here is brilliant. They've always been a top live act,last years' 'Music of Mass Destruction' was one of the best metal live-DVD's I'd seen from them,and methinks 'Alive 2' is even better. Simply put -- they just sound THAT good!

Even though it was overpriced here in the 'Rip-Off Republic'(as everything is),it was worth every penny. Reminded me that Anthrax still are one of the best live acts out there,playing with such passion & energy and revitalising those classic tracks from the '80's.

Along with the top-quality Horns-Way-Up live mosh-fest,the documentary,interviews and bits'n'bobs really make it an essential Metal DVD --- I have it for three days and it's already been on 4 or 5 times!

'Thrax Kings in '05? You f*cking bet!!!

5 days ago just released in Greece
and so far i've seen it 3 times.FUCKIN GREAT!!!!!!!
Damn , all my money went to anthrax again

efkarpos said:
5 days ago just released in Greece
and so far i've seen it 3 times.FUCKIN GREAT!!!!!!!
Damn , all my money went to anthrax again

I feel your pain man.
Just got my mastercard statement and there was a fucking lot of Anthrax stuff on there .... Im going to have to find a new favorite band preferably one that doesn't release anything worth buying!:tickled:

Jockthrax said:
I feel your pain man.
Just got my mastercard statement and there was a fucking lot of Anthrax stuff on there .... Im going to have to find a new favorite band preferably one that doesn't release anything worth buying!:tickled:

Try Westlife, I haven't brought nothing by them and it has cost me nothing.:loco:

Alive 2 is amazing. I got it last tuesday and have had the cd in my car since. I've watched the DVD once and it was just like seeing them again. The sound is excellent and Joey is tops.

Did anyone else notice he didn't introduce Scott when giving the name checks and also he says 'Hello New York'. I'm from England but isn't it next door so to speak?

10/10