MMD dvd set or the Alive 2 set?

crimsoid

Apr 19, 2005
I think it's a tie. but for overall value I will go for the MMD package. $20 for the cd and dvd vs. $15 and $17 for the cd an dvd for Alive 2. Great to see that the reunion shit doesn't suck. BTW anthrology is awesome! 2 cd's of great music sounding fucking beautiful!

you can't really compare sets. John would sing Joey-era shit as where Joey does not sing John-era shit. They potentially cut their set in half by bringing back Joey. They can only focus on their first 10 or so years worth of material now instead of focusing on all of it. Don't get me wrong though, I thouhgt they killed in Jersey.

I have finally listened to the CD from begining to end and watched the DVD. MOMD blows Alive 2 away. There is no comparison. Don't get me wrong, I love the stuff with Joey(studio releases) but John just sings it better. What's going on with the Joey's mic? He sounds real low. The DVD sound better then the CD to me. Really cool that they played Medusa. I don't think I've ever heard that one live before. Danny, Frank and Scott sound killer. Fucking Charlie-You will always RULE. You are the man. Over all, I like it. I like MOMD much better. Probably because I like Bush better.

Frankieebotz said:
What's going on with the Joey's mic? He sounds real low.

Even though I haven't listened to the dvd yet, I think that Joey's voice "should" sounds lower now than 13 or more years ago because he's got old. The same with John's voice. These days his voice sounds lower and more agressive than 13 years ago.

im so sick of people comparing "Joey or John" "MOMD or ALIVE2". my god. Enjoy this new shit thats out and quit crying about John Bush.
Anthrax have realized that Joey is the Voice. Get over it.

among_the_dead said:
im so sick of people comparing "Joey or John" "MOMD or ALIVE2". my god. Enjoy this new shit thats out and quit crying about John Bush.
Anthrax have realized that Joey is the Voice. Get over it.
What new shit are you talking about? Four releases came out Tuesday with nothing new on any of them.

I didn't compare John's voice quality with Joey's, man. I just wanted to say that the both singers have grown older and their voices have changed. Nothing more, nothing less. If you don't understand, stay where you belong - among the dead...