Best way to get from airport to hotel

SkiBumMSP

Apr 4, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Is there public transportation from the airport to the downtown hotels? If not how much does a cab typically cost? My Thursday evening flight does not arrive until like 11PM (I have to leave from work, so I could not take an earlier flight).

Cool, thanks! Still haven't gotten to where to stay yet. Since I will be by myself, I am trying to hook with some others to perhaps split a place. I've never been to San Francisco before, so this is all a whole new experience for me.

Well you will love it. Early summer in San Francisco is beautiful...Alot of things to do and see so you will have your time filled up for sure..Let me know if you have any questions about anything...

Bear

Bear is right--you can do BART to the city until about 11:30PM or so--Then you can take a cab to your hotel-- it will save you $40 or so--

Thanks everyone.

BTW, I found an interesting site called hopstop.com. Enter your starting location and ending location and it'll tell you which subway line to take and stops to get on and off at and which buses to take. They do have a San Francisco version. Yup, just as was suggested, taking the BART may be the best option, especially since there is a stop right at the airport. The only thing I am concerned is that my flight does not arrive until something like 11 PM! I may end up using that supershuttle as was suggested if my flight arrives to late to take the subway.