Best way to ship amp to insure payment?

SwambA

Processed Chicken
Apr 6, 2009
Clearwater, fl
I'm selling my 5150 and a guy from CL wants to buy it but he is out of state. So whats the best way of going about doing it so that I don't get ripped off?

PayPal. Get your $ first.

My girlfriend and I use it to transfer $ back and forth for bills and such when I'm away on work. Much easier than having to drive 15 mins to the bank, pull $, give it to her, drive to her bank, deposit, drive back home.

Pack that thing properly!!! Some of you may recall my Mesa OS cab incident...... =/

So he pays me with paypal then I ship right? I mean there is no way he can stop payment when I ship? What protects him from getting ripped off? I'm really surprised UPS or someone hasn't come up with a solution for this type of transaction.

So he pays me with paypal then I ship right? I mean there is no way he can stop payment when I ship? What protects him from getting ripped off? I'm really surprised UPS or someone hasn't come up with a solution for this type of transaction.

Yep. He can request his $ back if he wants to. But you'd have to be a real asshole to rip him off. Wait till his payment clears. It usually takes maybe a few hours. Once it clears, he can't just "stop payment". If it shows up damaged, that's on UPS/FedEx/shipper. I don't know all the in's and out's of PayPal yet, but he cannot simply just take $ out of your bank account after he paid you.

If you document everything then you will most likely win any dispute. Take a video of it working, use a datestamp if possible. Take photos of how you have it packed - double box it. Take photos of the shipping receipt etc.. Just anything that will cover your ass.

I had a buyer trash an amp and try to blame it on us, but with all the photos I took of the amp being packed properly etc, he ended up having to send it back and we didn't have to refund anything.

I have had USPS insurance cover my ass as well when a speaker got damaged in transit. Photos helped to prove that it wasn't damaged when packed.

Ok, after doing a search I get it know. But, I actually am a 40 something year old man. The pic is of my wife and I... I'm the other one in the pic.