BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

philmacrakken

LANDSCAPER FROM HELL
Feb 24, 2005
I'm really enjoying the Evergrey songs I got from their web site. What cds would you recomend for someone like me thats new to the band?

.. I agree, you should get them all but "Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy" creates a nice basis to watch the progress of EG... and it is a powerfull album just like all of them...after that you should work yourself up to "In search of truth" and "Recreation day" ....unfortunately I don't know their first album "The Dark Discovery" yet... but one thing is for sure... no matter with which album you continue you can't go wrong, they are all fantastic. ;)

Danny7468 said:
.. I agree, you should get them all but "Solitude, Dominance, Tragedy" creates a nice basis to watch the progress of EG... and it is a powerfull album just like all of them...after that you should work yourself up to "In search of truth" and "Recreation day" ....unfortunately I don't know their first album "The Dark Discovery" yet... but one thing is for sure... no matter with which album you continue you can't go wrong, they are all fantastic. ;)
You can see the progress on every album. S*D*T is pretty hard, but moves more progressive and into ISotT very nicely. RD pretty much stands alone and is definitely their finest album. Some shades of it will lead into The Inner Circle. The Dark Discovery is pretty good, it will just take a bit of time to get into. The Inner Circle may take time, too.

If you like solos throughout a song, great rhythms, change ups in style, go for RD first. ISotT is amazing, as well. S*D*T if you want to get pretty hard. Out of those three will be the best bet to understand the first and the last album. They are fascinating albums.

It will be easier for you to get into TDD and TIC once you get into those.

.... gosh we just must have confused that guy completely...now he must judge by the covers. :D

I hope that basically everybody agrees with me, when I say if you like Evergrey's style you will love all CD's, so the most important part is to get started on the EG CD collection... :Spin:

But please fill us in which CD made it first :headbang:
;)

Danny7468 said:
.... gosh we just must have confused that guy completely...now he must judge by the covers. :D

I hope that basically everybody agrees with me, when I say if you like Evergrey's style you will love all CD's, so the most important part is to get started on the EG CD collection... :Spin:

But please fill us in which CD made it first :headbang:
;)

You're right, my head's spinning. I do appreciate all the feedback. I'll probably just start at the beginning.I'll let you know'