Pat Carlsson leaves Evergrey, replacement announced.

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Patrick Carlsson has left Evergrey and a new drummer has been added to the band. Here is a letter from Pat:
=====
After being the drummer of Evergrey for ten years, I have now decided to leave the band. These ten years have been a lot of fun, with many great experiences and a lot of hard work. The reason for leaving the band is strictly personal, I don't feel like I have enough time for the band anymore.

To conclude I want to thank everyone that has been involved with the band. I also want to thank my sponsors, for helping me throughout the years. A special thank you to all the fans, who have supported Evergrey all these years.

Thank you, Tom, Michael, Henrik and Rikard for a wonderful time!

With these words I entrust the drummer position to my successor, Jonas. He is a very talented drummer and I am sure that he will do an excellent job in Evergrey.

Good Luck!
Patrick
=====

We'll have the info about the new drummer Jonas on the web site in the next day or so.

Reactions: Ormir
No! I don't believe my eyes. Just two days left, and now this. I and two friends of mine purchased tickets just to se him play at Klubben this Sunday (042003).
I’ve been so looking forwards to se Patrick play again after the gig at Bankiren in Vasteras (Sweden) 2002. In my opinion Patrick is one of the smartest and quickest drummers in the world. He's also one of the nicest artists i ever had the pleasure to meet. This is really sad news for me.
Patrick, if you read this, please let me know what you’re up to. I find it very hard to believe that someone with your skills don’t have the time to commit to a band like Evergrey.
No matter what you decide to do, join a new band or go solo (?) please let us know, you are just too good to be left in the dark.

:wave:

Reactions: Ormir