Patrick Carlsson

DragonOfBlood said:
Jonas looks like a girl.
Yeah, the first time I saw his picture I thought it WAS a girl.

I actually think they are both very good. I can't really choose. But it would be interesting to hear Patrick in a new band.

PesticideDrinker said:
Maybe Inner Circle wasn't an album to display much for Jonas, but Patrick's drumming on Recreation Day and even on some songs before that was awesome.

I haven't listened to much Evergrey for quite a while, so I can't remember much, but the 2nd verse after the first chorus and the ending of Visions is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.
That's a great example.

I think when the DVD comes out, there should be no question about Patrick Vs. Jonas anymore. I've seen some low quality vids from some of their shows and Jonas looks spot on for all of the old songs he's played and even inserted a bit of his own style to make them a bit "new". I do agree that The Inner Circle did not fully display his playing talent, but since he's new to the band, he will fill more and more into the role.

As I previously said, don't discount the contributions in terms of song writing and choir arrangement that he makes to EG, as well as his obvious enthusiasm for the music.

I think this is EG's perfect lineup and I hope nothing changes. I can't see losing anyone that's in the band now because they all play such a huge role in the shaping of the music.

sknight said:
As I previously said, don't discount the contributions in terms of song writing and choir arrangement that he makes to EG, as well as his obvious enthusiasm for the music.

I think this is EG's perfect lineup and I hope nothing changes. I can't see losing anyone that's in the band now because they all play such a huge role in the shaping of the music.

Agreed. Very well said.

I think Patrik got tired of being on the road (with all that that means) and he also has a family, I think.

Jonas is excellent though