Patrick Carlsson

Roddoliver

Jul 8, 2004
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I dont know if it has been discussed here before, but I would like to know what happened to Patrick Carlsson. Did he join any other band? I really like his way of playing drums.

I know a band where he lives now that wnated to ask him to joing them as a drummer... Heavier music a bit like Meshuggah.
Don't know if they got hold of him yet though.

Roddoliver said:
I dont know if it has been discussed here before, but I would like to know what happened to Patrick Carlsson. Did he join any other band? I really like his way of playing drums.

That's a question I was interested in as well. He was in the band through some of their harder times and then quits when they break.

I originally didn't think much of his playing beyond being very good, but his performance on Recreation Day was fantastic. Jonas is great too and helps with writing the music. I saw on the RD liner notes that Jonas was the drum tech for the previous tour. I guess that's what you do to get in.

i heard that he wasn't really passionant about the evergrey music so he left the band. he went to live with hi family some were to. i don't know if he joined another banned though.

I liked Patricks way of playing drums better too. Jonas is good too, but doesn´t have the same glow to it as I think Patrick did. :worship:

After saying that I would be cool to know wether Patrick left the band because he wasn't passonate about the music or not... :confused:

Evergrey råkks nevertheless :headbang:

With Patrick, I don't think he really came alive until Recreation Day, with scattered moments on the previous albums. No doubt, he was very good. Another major difference between Patrick and Jonas is that Patrick didn't write some of the music. Jonas does. I think Jonas also does some of the choir arrangements, if I'm not mistaken. So he's multi-talented and deserves a ton of credit for bringing his skills forth.

Maybe Inner Circle wasn't an album to display much for Jonas, but Patrick's drumming on Recreation Day and even on some songs before that was awesome.

I haven't listened to much Evergrey for quite a while, so I can't remember much, but the 2nd verse after the first chorus and the ending of Visions is the kind of stuff I'm talking about.

I really don't see the problem here..
Jonas is an AWESOME drummer..And live..woohoo..that's what I call a kickassdrummer :)

rock on jonas!

chris

What all of you need to take into consideration here is that Jonas is still young. He is going to grow so much more professionally and musically. I think he has done a kick ass job thus far. He's had some tough shoes to fill. Besides that, he has the talent and all the talent that surrounds him!!

So far I like Patrick better. There seems to be more musical presence to him somehow. Jonas seems a but flat by comparison, though maybe it's just the sound.

He DOES look like a girl with his hair a certain way. Poor guy.

It seems strange that Patrick would stay with the band for what, 4 albums, if not passionate about it, so I kinda doubt that.