Better Than Maiden?

Bands better than IM:

Threshold
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Ayreon/Ambeon/Star One

Bands with the potential to be better than IM once they've released a few more albums:

Pain of Salvation
Vanden PLas
Digital Ruin
ARK
Kamelot
Blind Guardian

Alex999 said:
Bands better than IM:

Threshold
Symphony X
Dream Theater
Ayreon/Ambeon/Star One

Bands with the potential to be better than IM once they've released a few more albums:

Pain of Salvation
Vanden PLas
Digital Ruin
ARK
Kamelot
Blind Guardian
Symphony X and Blind Guardian are the only bands on your list which compete with Maiden.

Pain Of Salvation :lol:

Profånity said:
Pain Of Salvation :lol:

Have you seen them live? The fact that they can pull off stuff that compicated and make sound musical, especially live, earns them my highest respect. And Dream Theater blow IM out of the water these days, especially with regards to their ever changiong setlists.

Wormser said:

Are you insinuating that the band you linked to is?

Under other circumstances, such as a thread entitled "Hey, check this out" or "This is great" or something else along those lines I may have downloaded tracks and given my opinions.

If you used the thread title to hint that said band is better than Maiden, and posted a link to it to try and get us to listen to it as a result of saying what you did, I must say its a sour tactic that wreeks of sour, dripping cabbage.

Its very much like what buddyhead and that freak Bralalalalalalalalalalalalalalalaaaaaaaaaaaaa did and it was quite annoying, and not only that the material blew ass by those individuals.

:loco:

Ok, the intent of my thread was twofold. First, yes I wanted people to check out my band. I am not saying we are better than Maiden, that would be insane. The phrase "Well who is?" can be taken two ways. First, the one most people took was listing bands they thought were better. The second being my original intent, meaning no one is (particularly the band I linked to). But possibly close?

Make sense?

With that said, it would be appreciated if you listen to our band. Admittedly a bit shady, but I find that usually when people just post "Check out our band" no one gives a flying fuck. So download if you wish. It is good. We have heard many people describes us as Maiden-like with different vocals. See for yourself.

Give us your opinion if you'd like. I'll take it whatever it may be.

By the way, most of the bands listed as being better than Maiden were just crazy talk.

Alright, you are actually good enough to post a check it out link for sure.

I like it a lot. You have your own sound, and its a good sound. You also pull the vocals off very well. Countless bands try to do that style and end up sounding like 5 year olds trying to talk like satan, its gay. You actually sound like you are supposed to do vocals that way, instead of trying to be all necro and failing.

Good job, Me likes a lot. Where can your releases be purchased?

Thanks a lot. Our new album will be out in Novermber on Lifeforce Records (Germany). http://www.lifeforcerecords.com

It should be in stores (Best Buy etc) with any luck or that will be available through Lumberjack distribution or through their website etc.

We have two previous releases with two old members that aren't in the band anymore. In all honesty they're not that great and aren't like the tracks on our mp3 site. Those releases have more of a hardcore vibe going on them. But if you are interested in checking those out they can be purchased through Very Distribution - http://www.verydistro.com or of course at our shows.

http://www.herod.cc is our website for shows (sometimes updated..haha) and other news