Between The Buried And Me

Black Rain said:
Well then I meant hours of wealth, I mix them up a lot. Which ever is just guitar and mike singing.

So you're comparing a seven and a half minute, mostly death metal song to Hours of Wealth? Or better yet, saying it's the exact same thing. Okay, they both have bluesy lead guitars, but there are A LOT of those in MANY songs, in case you haven't heard any other music, as one could think of your posts. I think this is ridiculous, about 90% of BTBAM's music isn't anywhere near Opeth's.

I would defenitly agree that track # 4's soft part sounds exactly like Opeth... from the rhythm, to the lead afterwards, even the vocals have a distinct Mikael feel to them... but I'm not hating them for it, i would just say they were probably influenced by Opeth and they just wanted to throw in a part with that kind of vibe... and it was done extremely well...

one can not say that they are ripping Opeth off if in a 8 minute song where they have like one-minute of Opeth-remeniscent melodies...there is too much weight put into ideas of "ripping people off"... listen to any album made in 2005 and I'm sure you'll hear a part in a song that reminds you of something made in the last 30 years...

This is the dumbest arguement ever, i'm not a BTBAM fan but it's just (like he said) a bluesy solo. I'm sure BTBAM didn't have an advanced copy of Ghost Reveries when they wrote/recorded their album either. I hate metalcore too but Black Rain just doesn't know what hes talking about.