BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME

Meh, I fucking love this band. Alaska was brootiful slice of brootality. Is colors out yet in the UK? I need it!

the track order was screwed up, in that case. Ants of the Sky was the name of the track I was listening to. 13 minutes long or so

oh makes sense.

my favorites so far is suns of nothing, and ants.

lately all iv been listening to is Radiohead, Gary Moore, and Yes. So this is a welcome change.

BTBAM are fantastic. I have yet to hear anything off of "Colors" though.

Been listening to colors almost all day long, I find this to be very cool.
Haven't been listening to any other records from these guys.
To you who have heard colors, is this album in the same vein as the previous ones?

colors is awesome. it's quite different from their three previous imo, this one is like a long song divided into 8 segments whereas the others focused on discrete songs. there are alot more keyboards on this one too. alaska is still my favorite, but colors is still too fresh to make any definitive judgement.

i'd recommend working backwards through their discography (avoiding "the anatomy of") for those who are new to btbam. alaska is amazing - very consistently good. the silent circus has some gems but i can't dig it quite as much. s/t has some good riffage but isn't as polished as subsequent releases.

So how proggy is this album? thier other stuff was really brutal but kinda proggy. Is the music still really heavy?

I really like this band. I think Colors is their best release so far other than the self titled release. I've only seen videos of them live and my gripe was that they kinda just stand in the same spot throughout the songs. Flawless, nonetheless.