Between The Buried And Me

PIOT

Dec 22, 2013
January 15th, 2015 - Confirmed for Bonnaroo and New England Metal Festival Between the Buried and Me have been writing, rehearsing, a

I’m very proud to say that we are now recording a brand new BTBAM record. We have really pushed and challenged ourselves more than ever with this material. It is a perfect representation of where we stand as musicians and as people. This is our voice in the current age of music. Evolution is a must. We now enter the coma and we will see you on the other side… hopefully

Amazing band, cant wait for the new album. The way they have evolved since the first album shows how great they are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM8WjgRA6o8&feature=player_detailpage#t=11

I love this band so god damn much, one of the greatest prog metal bands ever. Their new album is easily most anticipated album for this year

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME ANNOUNCE COMA ECLIPTIC ALBUM, TOUR

Between The Buried And Me has announced the Coma Ecliptic tour, named after their forthcoming new album, for July through August in North America. The tour features support from Animals As Leaders along with openers The Contortionist. The tour will be the band's first official set of dates following the release of Coma Ecliptic on July 7th.

p19gkl34g37rsu2789b8sh1trd4.jpg

So...that was different than what came before it, yes? I've always wanted to love them, because the instrumentation is just amazing, but the vocals have always had me throw them out. This...though...this is really good. I stand a good chance of picking this album up.

From what I've read this will be their first album where the harsh vocals won't be the dominant vocal style

BTBAM, Protest the Hero, and The Dillinger Escape Plan are three "core" bands that I very much wish prog and metal fans give more of a chance.

Of course, I realize why many people would dislike any or all of these bands, but I feel like many people dismiss them off their reputations or supposed genres alone.

Honestly, if any(or all three) of these bands appeared as oddball bands on Progpower, i'd be stoked. But spread them out over three years, so not to over piss off any ultra metal or prog elitists. :D

Back to BTBAM specifically, my only problem with them is that covers album they did. Nice concept, but their takes on most of those songs was just... not good. Definitely a band that should stick to doing original material. haha

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME LAUNCH MUSIC VIDEO FOR “THE COMA MACHINE”

American progressive metal band, Between The Buried And Me, have released a video for "The Coma Machine”!, the second single off of the band's upcoming album, Coma Ecliptic.

About the music video, vocalist Tommy Rogers shared, "This video is special to me because it looks beyond the story that is on the record. It showcases the character preparing for his journey and is him basically saying bye to his old demons/life. This footage adds dialogue to the story and I think that is very unique. Wes and crew did a wonderful job creating a world that works well with the song and uniquely showcases the depth of this unstable character."

Last edited by a moderator:
BTBAM, Protest the Hero, and The Dillinger Escape Plan are three "core" bands that I very much wish prog and metal fans give more of a chance.

Of course, I realize why many people would dislike any or all of these bands, but I feel like many people dismiss them off their reputations or supposed genres alone.

Honestly, if any(or all three) of these bands appeared as oddball bands on Progpower, i'd be stoked. But spread them out over three years, so not to over piss off any ultra metal or prog elitists. :D

Back to BTBAM specifically, my only problem with them is that covers album they did. Nice concept, but their takes on most of those songs was just... not good. Definitely a band that should stick to doing original material. haha

As a "classic" prog metal fan, I have given them plenty of chances over the years, but personally, there's been no melodic hooks or riffs to provide any accessibility to start with before going into the deeper details. Finally, with these two songs, those hooks exist, I'm finally interested.

As a "classic" prog metal fan, I have given them plenty of chances over the years, but personally, there's been no melodic hooks or riffs to provide any accessibility to start with before going into the deeper details. Finally, with these two songs, those hooks exist, I'm finally interested.

As someone who has been listening to the band for a decade I can tell you that they have always had those melodic hooks.

Just heard the full album and I am pleasantly surprised. I've never cared for this band, but this may be one of my favorite albums to come out this year...

Awesome album. And I'm seeing quite a few comments around the place like yours and I don't really get it to be honest because this album isn't that different to what came before. Only real big difference is that there is less harsh vocals.