Biff speaks about the new SAXON album track-by-track

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
http://www.bravewords.com/news/163468

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivmno3kZB4U&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Really cool way to present an album, which is excellent traditional metal, as expected. Saxon never disappoints since at least 15 years. Check this out.

Really hoping there will be more dates added in the east for the upcoming Fall tour. So far, there are these dates:

Galaxy Theatre Santa Ana, CA
Sun, 10/02/11
07:00 PM

B.B. King Blues Club and Grill New York, NY
Thu, 10/13/11
08:00 PM

Jaxx Nightclub Springfield, VA
Sat, 10/15/11
08:00 PM

Sorry G, I am disappointed by the new Saxon album. It seems to have a lot of the older classic NWOBHM influences and less of a modern feel than recent disks. There are some good songs though and nothing I dislike totally but it didn't excite me at all in the way say Lionheart did. I guess I'm just not into Saxon as much as some people. Like I said I adore Lionheart though.

Sorry G, I am disappointed by the new Saxon album. It seems to have a lot of the older classic NWOBHM influences and less of a modern feel than recent disks. There are some good songs though and nothing I dislike totally but it didn't excite me at all in the way say Lionheart did. I guess I'm just not into Saxon as much as some people. Like I said I adore Lionheart though.

As I said, the new one is excellent IMO. It's a real fine mix of the best of Saxon, the 80s early style as well as the more "modern" feel of the last few albums. All songs are strong IMO and the album is better than Into The Labyrinth, which had great songs, but a few lesser ones. The new one is good all over.

Lionheart was a killer album indeed and had definitely more Euro power metal influences, thanks to Jorg Michael's drumming.

Cannot wait for the new disc to arrive. I'm torn between Lionheart and Into the Labyrinth in terms of the best of the new era of Saxon. The thing I liked about ItL was that it was pretty much an equal mix of the newer sound and the 70s sound. God, I hope they come to Chicago. Those three dates are too far.

Am currently listening to it. I LOVE IT!!! I know, what a shock, right? Haha. I will agree it is very much in the vein of the 70s material, which I can't complain about and in fact, I think it's pretty cool they did an album like that at this point in their career. Definitely one of my faves so far this year, but no, it isn't as good as ItL or Lionheart.

I especially love Mists of Avalon.

Am currently listening to it. I LOVE IT!!! I know, what a shock, right? Haha. I will agree it is very much in the vein of the 70s material, which I can't complain about and in fact, I think it's pretty cool they did an album like that at this point in their career. Definitely one of my faves so far this year, but no, it isn't as good as ItL or Lionheart.

I especially love Mists of Avalon.

There is no really "70s material" for Saxon. Their 1st album came out in 1979 but was quite average IMO. They really started in 1980.

Yes, Mists Of Avalon is one of my fave songs off Call To Arms as well.

There is no really "70s material" for Saxon. Their 1st album came out in 1979 but was quite average IMO. They really started in 1980.

Yes, Mists Of Avalon is one of my fave songs off Call To Arms as well.

After looking, you are correct. I guess I just thought they started sooner. Regardless, it's more like their classic sound off the first five or so albums.

Might want to wait for the NA version...from http://www.bravewords.com/news/166661 :

"Saxon fans will surely be interested in tracking down the North American digipack version of Call To Arms, as it includes a glorious bonus – a free seven-track CD, Live At Donington 1980, which features the following tracklisting:

'Motorcycle Man'
'Still Fit To Boogie'
'Freeway Mad'
'Backs To The Wall'
'Wheels Of Steel'
'Bap Shu Ap'
'747 (Strangers In The Night)' "