Biffs book

WILKS

Sep 9, 2002
Underground
Visit site
Saxon's Biff Byford to publish autobiography

"We knw we had recorded a good album;we just did'nt know it was that good...."recall Saxons frontman Biff Byford of 1980's breakthrough album "Wheels Of Steel"

For over thirty years,Saxon have been led from the front by charismatic and larger-than-life vocalist Biff Byford.In Never Surrender he tells the story for the first time,from his working class childhood as a terribly shy schoolboy in Yorkshire through the mega-days of the early 80's to the bands twenty first centry rise to fame once more.Sometime tragic,sometimes funny but always brutally honest "Never Surrender" lifts the lids on the myths surrounding Saxon,as well as reveiling the hardwork and heartaches it takes to make it to thre top and stay there.

Co-auther is a music writer and photographer with a keen interest-some would say obsession with-Heavy metal.His first book Suzie Smiled.........The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal was published in 2006.

"Saxon-Never Surrende(or nearly good looking): An Autobiography By Biff Byford and John Tucker"'ISBN 978-3-931624-44-6,will be published via I P publishing in April 2007 distribution in th UK will handled by Gazelle Book Services Limited.

"The Motley Crue tour was the highpoint of our sexual adventures,but just the whole American thing really was where the most groupies were.And like i said i nearly died from to much sex and to many shows...I remember playing this gig and i looked up at the side of the stage and Tommy Lee's there , having a blow job while he's watching us.Talk about off putting"

Just got this e-mail.