SAXON's BIFF BYFORD To Publish Autobiography - Feb. 8, 2007

liama

The Beast
Aug 30, 2005
San Antonio, Texas
From Blabbermouth.........

"We knew we'd recorded a good album; we just didn't know it was that good …" recalls SAXON frontman Biff Byford of 1980's breakthrough album "Wheels Of Steel".

For over thirty years, SAXON has been led from the front by charismatic and larger-than-life vocalist Biff Byford. In "Never Surrender", he tells his story for the first time, from his working class childhood as a terribly shy schoolboy in Yorkshire through the mega-days of the early Eighties to the band's twenty-first century rise to fame once more. Sometimes tragic, sometimes funny, but always brutally honest, "Never Surrender" lifts the lid on the myths surrounding SAXON, as well as revealing the hard work and heartaches it takes to make it to the top and stay there.

Co-author John Tucker is a music writer and photographer with a keen interest in — some would say obsession with — heavy metal. His first book, "Suzie Smiled… The New Wave Of British Heavy Metal", was published in 2006.

"Saxon - Never Surrender (Or Nearly Good Looking): An Autobiography By Biff Byford And John Tucker", ISBN 978-3-931624-44-6, will be published via I.P. Publishing in April 2007. Distribution in the U.K. will be handled by Gazelle Book Services Limited.

"The MÖTLEY CRÜE tour was the highpoint of sexual adventures, but just the whole American thing really was where most of the groupies were. And like I said, I nearly died from too much sex and too many shows … I remember us playing this gig and I looked up at the side of the stage and Tommy Lee's there, having a blowjob while he's watching us. Talk about off-putting!"

just hope he lets bygones be bygones and we can celebrate the 30 or so years of the pioneers of NWOBHM.
Of course he has to mention the split, just hope it doesn't end in another bun fight.

Only thing with John Tucker is this -

In his book 'Suzie Smiled', there is a section at the end of the book where he mentions all the bands in the book, and gives website addresses and recommended listening. In the six line paragraph on Saxon, one and a half lines are given to Saxon, and the rest to OD Saxon. With the interesting fact that Nigel Durham played bass guitar on the 'Destiny' album (so that must mean our Nigel DID play drums on it then! :lol: ). There was also no recommended listening!

John Tucker also admits to making a lot of glaring errors on the liner notes for the Holocaust anthology album. Let's hope he has pulled his finger out with Biffs book, and has done his homework. There is going to be nothing more annoying then to read a book full of stupid errors.

Mr Tucker, your executioner awaits! :)

....and has done his homework. There is going to be nothing more annoying then to read a book full of stupid errors.

:)

Maybe a good one for a competition on this board: Find the errors! The winner will be rewarded with a free-copy of this book.. (??) Looks an interesting book, think I gonna read it..100% sure

this sex must have really left an impression on biff, in every interview the first thing he says about the 80s is ' we had tons of sex'.

Should be a great read

Aye I,ve noticed that too. Whats he trying to prove with these juvinile boasts?

Hope its a great read and that mr tucker gets his facts straight this time. He has made errors before as someone else pointed out.