Big Brother 2008

Goreripper

Metal as fuck
Aug 24, 2001
Blue Mountains, Australia
myspace.com
Well last year's thread was a spectacular failure, but it wouldn't be MD without the annual BB thread. So this year they've obviously looked around for a reasonable representation of the general population and decided that the house needs a midget bellydancer, a vet, a law student, a boneheaded pseudo-intellectual guy who believes in UFOs, a bloke who used to be in a fundie-Christian cult, a try-hard whose voice never broke, a bimbo, a brunette with massive tits, a fat Aboriginal chick, a "tomboy" who works in an abattoir and plays rugby union, a Japanese dude who can't stop showing off his martial arts moves, a knockabout brickie with dreads, and a lingerie waitress. There was a 52-year old grandma too, but she got kicked out on the first day. :lol:

I'm not sure what's going to shit me first. The people in the house, or Kyle and Jackie O.

pics of the brunette and the midget plz?

still, I fucking despise Big Brother with all the vile that is within me!

I haven't watched any of it since about the first season (apart from random moments when I didn't have Foxtel).

BB is pretty much the reason I left commerical television for dead and I still can't see why people obsess over it so much.

if you want to see such a pack of useless brainless dead-shits, we have shopping centres and pubs to go to.
But I guess you can't get rid of them from there, so that may be the appeal.

I won't watch any of it, even if I was forced at point of pain and torture.

VIVA LA FOXTEL & VAST VAST ANIME COLLECTION! :headbang:

Foxtel has such awesome programming that we got rid of it.

I just watch the movies, cartoon network and the doco channel.

almost everything else on it is rot but still better rot than the shite that plagues commercial television channel -and that unfortunately includes SBS these days.

they suck since they brought ads in the middle of programs.

ABC is still good for my tastes though -especially ABC 2.

Never got much satisfaction out of the movies channels. Now and then something worthwhile would be on, but mostly it was crap I'd seen over and over or shit I had no interest in. Never really watched the cartoon channel (again, mainly repeats of The Simpsons and Futurama that I could watch on Ten for free). Liked the Discovery and History channels until they just filled up their programming with docos about Hitler and WW2. The Footy Channel was useless because the Swans games were all on free-to-air and the Demons games were all on at 2am. The only channel we actually watched that much was Max. I thought it would be cool when CI became one of the packaged options instead of an extra, but after they did that they took all the shows I was actually interested in and replaced them with bullshit.

Blokes at work were about the big titted sheila.....I tuned in to see what all the fuss was about, but nothing to talk about IMO, the wife and sis in law have huge tits like that, if not a bit bigger....

Blokes at work were about the big titted sheila.....I tuned in to see what all the fuss was about, but nothing to talk about IMO, the wife and sis in law have huge tits like that, if not a bit bigger....
:lol:

Been some great comments so far guys, Gorey, your description of Foxtel sums up my memories of it well!

Never been able to get into BB and I'll be glad when its dies - one day, one fine, marvellous day:heh:

Fucking oath, then I don't have to hear about it at work, I didn't mind the first year when no one really knew what it was about, but it has been in mass decline ever since

FUCK YEAH BIG BROTHER TIME! :D

I don't care what anyone says. It's tops haha.

What rules is the racist old grandma had promos on TV saying she agreed with Pauline Hanson and didn't like immigrants...then the first thing she does is nominate the Asian dude...get kicked out herself...get the chance at revenge on a housemate...and took it on the Asian dude! Way to do EXACTLY what everyone was expecting haha.

That's what was so great about it though...all the talk about her was "the racist grandma" and the first thing she does is pick on the asian dude. She'd been in lock down, so she wouldn't have known that they'd so blatantly pasted her in the promos like that. Obviously she knows that she said things about Pauline Hanson and agreeing with her, but they would have filmed her saying a FUCKLOAD of stuff about herself for an entire series worth of video clips and bits and pieces before she went into the house.

She also said that she thought religion was the root of all evil and put her in the house with Travis who wanted to take his bible with him as his most prized possession. That could have been another whole awesome thing if he had gone in full god-boy guns a blazing.

Looks like she might be going back in anyway, so that could still be to come.

Also that party boy Corey fuckstick is going into the house. I hope he gets bashed by that UFO dude. That'd be awesome.

Their really scraping for ideas this season. I mean come on belly dancing midgets?

I thought the funniest part was when her husband came out. He was like 6ft tall. That guy must be some kind of pedophile. She looks like shes 6yrs old, sounds like it too.

Corey The party boy going into the house? I thought his 15 mins of fame were long over.

That's what was so great about it though...all the talk about her was "the racist grandma" and the first thing she does is pick on the asian dude. She'd been in lock down, so she wouldn't have known that they'd so blatantly pasted her in the promos like that. Obviously she knows that she said things about Pauline Hanson and agreeing with her, but they would have filmed her saying a FUCKLOAD of stuff about herself for an entire series worth of video clips and bits and pieces before she went into the house.

She also said that she thought religion was the root of all evil and put her in the house with Travis who wanted to take his bible with him as his most prized possession. That could have been another whole awesome thing if he had gone in full god-boy guns a blazing.

Yeah, David's a religious nut too. Stoush!!

Also that party boy Corey fuckstick is going into the house. I hope he gets bashed by that UFO dude. That'd be awesome.

Yeah it would, but isn't he only 16? I thought there was an age limit on going in there. Even though the UFO dude is a bit of a dick, I can't help but admire the way he calls it the way he sees it.