Big Fish!

ingridjensen

from the shadows...
Mar 30, 2002
Kansas City
So where are all the Tim Burton supporters? This movie emerges today...i have been dying for the past 2 months to see it. My boyfriend and I tried to go catch it last Saturday at the special showings they were having at a couple theatres in the city, but it was all sold out and the lines were insane...I think it is going to be his "masterpiece" - as critics are saying. What does everyone else think?

Ok I just saw Big Fish, I gotta say the set design was fantastic. Tim Burton riles. Theres plenty of good humour in Big Fish, and quite a bit of nice special effects. Ewan McGregor does a great job, along with the rest of the cast, and I would recommend you go see this movie. It advocates a lot of father/son bullshit, and seems to promote lying, but it was a decent film, if just a bit sappy. I havent read the book its based on, but I think it is likely a better story told onscreen. The highlight of the film for me was definitally the Spiderman 2 trailer. :tickled:

It was a good movie, I really liked it.
However, I went to school at Auburn also, and there never were sorority houses there! (There are none now, and I asked around if there were any in the past, and apparently not due to an old Southern-style law where all houses occupied by many females were illegal to crack down on brothels!)

hmmmm...thats weird, ratanda, but it was still an awesome movie!! i went to see on the 11th cus I couldnt go the day of, but it was well worth waiting the extra 2 days...lol. Definetely a masterpiece.

Oh I agree, it was a very good movie. I wasn't sure about going at first, but my friend talked me into it and I'm glad he did. A friend of mine was an extra in the movie, in Specter and at the end, and I thought that was pretty cool.