Big Four "Tour" Question

eddie_maiden

Nov 25, 2008
Chicago
In response to the likeliness of the Big Four possibly touring together:worship: (not anytime soon i belive/fear), there is one question that is difficult to answer...

Who would close the show if they did? I've put it in this order (#4 being the last to play):
1.Anthrax
2.Megadeth
3.Slayer/Metallica
4.Metallica/Slayer

Clash Of The Titans already happened. The closest we'll get is the upcoming tour with Slayer/Megadeth/Testament...
That said if another tour like this were to happen I like to see
Slayer
Megadeth
Exodus
Testament
in that order. I my opinion Anthrax is no longer thrash in my mind and therefore I would not want to see them on such a tour. Unless they got Belladona back.

I my opinion Anthrax is no longer thrash in my mind and therefore I would not want to see them on such a tour. Unless they got Belladona back.

I agree totally. they lost it by the time of POT for my taste. The same about Metallica with or withour DM they don´t belong there anymore.

So for me will be something like Megadeth, Testament, Slayer (even if I don't like them personally) and maybe one newer band or some more underground one. I wouldn't mind Forte, Heathen, Impaler or even Exciter, their latest album is way more thrash than speed.

In response to the likeliness of the Big Four possibly touring together:worship: (not anytime soon i belive/fear), there is one question that is difficult to answer...

Who would close the show if they did? I've put it in this order (#4 being the last to play):
1.Anthrax
2.Megadeth
3.Slayer/Metallica
4.Metallica/Slayer

If such a tour was to occur (unlikely)... Metallica would headline since they're biggest name / biggest draw. I think order would be: Anthrax / Slayer / Megadeth / Metallica

I know it would be good to mix it up but what are the chances of Mustaine and King getting along with any of those bands? I think they only other band that they'd likely consider is Overkill... Clash Of The Egos I guess.

Nice point, both of them. I didn't think about Overkill because I don't like them either, but that will be INDEED another respectable band to have in a bill like the classic COT used to be. I'm like you not excited about Anthrax and Metallica.

Then of course it's a matter of selling tickets, and the ego part, and the logistics, so dunno. Besides I'm not even living there so I cannot attend anyway :lol:

Hmm This is what the message said:

"The metal giants have never before all shared the same stage, despite huge demand. But on June 16, 2010, METALLICA, SLAYER, MEGADETH and ANTHRAX will take to the Sonisphere stage at Bemowo Airport, Poland, to make the dreams of headbangers the world over become a reality. A second Big Four appearance is planned for Sonisphere Czech Republic three days later, with more Sonisphere shows featuring the awesome combo to be announced in the coming days and weeks.

"This is a 'once-in-a-lifetime' opportunity for heavy metal fans to see the four greatest heavy metal bands in American history back together on one stage," concludes MEGADETH main man Dave Mustaine. "If there are any heads left at the end of this festival that haven't banged, they don't belong there."

I hope they will keep Mastodon and Behemoth also on the bill. Especially Behemoth.

I am already psyched!!

If such a tour was to occur (unlikely)... Metallica would headline since they're biggest name / biggest draw. I think order would be: Anthrax / Slayer / Megadeth / Metallica

Sounds about right. Mustine and Metallica getting along... riiiiight.:rolleyes:

You know what struck me right when I read about the current slayer/'deth tour? Look at the title of the last 3-4 slayer albums. Now, what sect of Christianity does Dave Mustine follow?:lol:

There surely will be more dates as "the four" seem to have been confirmed for a gig in Belgium too (probably on the Graspop Metal festival ?)
It's the 15th issue of this festival and there must be some sort of "special" this time....

There surely will be more dates as "the four" seem to have been confirmed for a gig in Belgium too (probably on the Graspop Metal festival ?)
It's the 15th issue of this festival and there must be some sort of "special" this time....

Now that would be killer!

special guest heaven and hell??? who's singing for them since dio seems to be getting treatments right now?

also whoever said get belladonna back....the man can't sing on key to save his life. sounded bad on the reunion tour

special guest heaven and hell??? who's singing for them since dio seems to be getting treatments right now?

I bet H&H ends up dropping off. I'm surprised H&H even took the gig... they're being sold as essentially 5th band on the bill...

all great! so It dosen't matter much to me who opens or closes.U.S. dates in my neck of the woods is all I need! cool thread though.

I thought he sounded good when I saw him. I even got their live DVD and CD as a result of th strong performance.

he just always sounds off to me.

off topic not sure if you are a fan of tom petty but his new 4 live disc boxset is great and only $20