Big Four "Tour" Question

^ I need to listen to more of Tom Petty music but all of the stuff I have heard from him so far I like.

Anyway...The only bands I like on this tour is Metallica and Slayer and they are both washed up now.I would of like to see both of the bands in their prime but I wasn't born yet:cry:.

^ I need to listen to more of Tom Petty music but all of the stuff I have heard from him so far I like.

Anyway...The only bands I like on this tour is Metallica and Slayer and they are both washed up now.I would of like to see both of the bands in their prime but I wasn't born yet:cry:.

well that $20 live boxset is a good way to get into tom petty. lots of hits and album tracks plus cover tunes. the songs are recorded live from 1980-2006 and like i said its 4 cd's

Slayer is still amazing live. Not sure about Metallica; I haven't seen them in ages.

Now I feel old! :ill: I wished I have saw Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth all in their prime but I was far and away...and not into thrash then :lol:

Sorry to make you feel old:lol:.What were you into back when all 4 of the thrash bands were in their prime?

I have always been late for bands. I wasn't into metal until I was 16 and since I was in a third world country (now we're fourth world :ill:) I hadn't access or contact (in my time there was no Internet, cell phones or CDs :p) to NWOBHM or any other sound of the early 80's and was basically unknown of the 70's (so basically I was buying my Black Sabbath albums by the band name unknown of who was playing :err:).

I got into thrash in 1992, before that I was into very few bands always in the classic metal/rock sub-genre. So by the time of "Master Of Puppets", "State Of Euphoria", "Rust In Peace" and "Reign In Blood", I was into the usual suspects: Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Rainbow, Rush, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Def Leppard, Baron Rojo, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Scorpions, plus newer stuff like Yngwie Malmsteen, Helloween, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai. When the CDs took over over the vinyls I started to get into more stuff and since it's addictive...:saint:

P.S. And I still don't like Slayer, maybe some 10-15 years from now :heh:

Saw the Clash of Titans back in '91...San Diego...good show. Not sure who will be vox for Anthrax on this new tour. But I think this tour will be good.

special guest heaven and hell??? who's singing for them since dio seems to be getting treatments right now?

also whoever said get belladonna back....the man can't sing on key to save his life. sounded bad on the reunion tour

Belladonna sings/sang about as well as I (not very well.) Unfortunately, when Anthrax acquired a good singer, after their first release with him, their songwriting went to shit. There was nothing "wrong" with any of Bush's vox, but after TSoWN, the Anthrax songs stank.

Bryant

Slayer is still amazing live. Not sure about Metallica; I haven't seen them in ages.

Slayer has always been good everytime I saw them... even when they play newer stuff they usually play the 'better' tunes. I've got a free ticket to that upcoming Slayer/Megadeth/Testament show... while all these bands are far passed their prime I'm still hoping for a good show.

Belladonna sings/sang about as well as I (not very well.) Unfortunately, when Anthrax acquired a good singer, after their first release with him, their songwriting went to shit. There was nothing "wrong" with any of Bush's vox, but after TSoWN, the Anthrax songs stank.

Bryant

WCFYA was an awesome album

while all these bands are far passed their prime I'm still hoping for a good show.

Personally, I wouldn't say that about Megadeth. Saw them open for Heaven and Hell a few years back and, pardon the pun, they slayed. Glen Drover played flawlessly and having him sing harmonies really helped the songs. Dunno if Broderick sings back ups too? But fuck, can that dude ever play!