Big Fucking Problem installing EMGs

AmirH

meh
Aug 12, 2003
seattle
The tone and volume that come with the pickups are wired much too close together to fit into the holes in my guitar. I have about a three inch space betwee the volum and tone, and the ones that came with it are about an inch or so apart. I have no clue what the piece of metal connected by the chip does, or how to increase the size without screwing it up. I also don't have a wire to extend the black wire further. Has anyone else had this problem. HELP!!!

It's not so much the wire that poses the problem. It's the metal paper clip looking thing with the obviously important hunk of plastic in the middle. Where do I get another one of them?

Just bring it to a shop and have it fixed. If you are having this much of a problem installing them it's probably going to be a good idea to let a professional install them. This way you can't permanently damage your pickups.

Yeah, gonna take it in tomorrow I think. It just pisses me off I couldn't do it myself when I went so far as to grind part of the cavity thinner to fit the jack, and buy new wire's to extend the pots and spent well over 4 hours trying to make it work. Hopefully they won't charge the full whopping 70 bucks since it's all soldered and in already and they just have to figure out what I did wrong...

Do you have a Les Paul?

'Cause Les Pauls need different pots to fit... that might've been the problem...

nope, epi sg. Maybe it was too thick because it's made by gibson though??? Who knows- but it certainly doesn't need different pots or a different jack NOW. I'm going to the shop in an hour so hopefully that'll fix this once and for all without charging me an arm and a leg.

*sighs giant sigh of relief* Simple problems as it turned out. I fucked up the grounding on the switch, had solder touching where it shouldn't be on a pot, and had a spliced wire touching the ground that couldn't. 10 bucks fixed it and I seriously like these new pups. A bit bright for a lot of the stuff I do, but infinitely better than the cheap chinese ones that it had.