Big PT problem... please help!

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
This is really odd, but ever since I started using the Mbox 2, (previously had Mbox 2 micro mini) when opening sessions I've been having PT crash while loading. It worked fine the first few times, and then this started happening. When I try to re-open, it says PT did not shut down correctly and the computer must be restarted. Any idea what could cause this? Tried even opening backups, same thing.

I did find a sort of fix... I figured out that it was hanging on activating plugins, and I found out that by holding down shift you can load the session with no plugins activated. I was able to do this and re-enable them one by one. Trashing the prefs/ databases did nothing

could be a specfic plug in its happened to me a few times in the past with free RTAS plugs like pluggo or soundhack i cant remember but when i was mixing the plug in was fine, then i closed PT for a while when i tried to resume mixing later the session wouldnt open (crashing like you) i narrowed it down (painfully) eventually to which one it was and deleted it from my plugins folder altogether

Using PT9 on snow leopard

could be a specfic plug in its happened to me a few times in the past with free RTAS plugs like pluggo or soundhack i cant remember but when i was mixing the plug in was fine, then i closed PT for a while when i tried to resume mixing later the session wouldnt open (crashing like you) i narrowed it down (painfully) eventually to which one it was and deleted it from my plugins folder altogether

Using PT9 on snow leopard

Yeah, this is exactly what happened. Still not sure which plug it is but the mix is close to finished, so I've begun just printing everything.