Need help setting up Mbox 2 with PT8LE

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
Hey guys, I mentioned this in another thread of mine but I've gotten no response.

I bought an Mbox 2 from a fellow sneapster, just got it today. I'm trying to get it working, downloaded the newest drivers from Avids site and it said they worked, but when I open pro tools , following the Mbox 2 guide from Avid, and create new audio track, then go to input, they all say n/a , and when I try to set any of them it just greys out and doesn't work. How can I tell in Pro Tools if the Mbox is working or not?

I was using a line 6 UX2 with ableton before this, so it's a bit confusing. I'm trying to record a guitar DI, but like I said the interface inputs are all greyed out. Also, is a light on the front port supposed to turn red when I play? And does pushing the button for DI/ Mic do anything besides switch from DI to Mic? Just curious because they both can go in and out. Like if I have it on DI, and push DI again, the button comes out, but this doesn't change anything right?

I'm also confused if I need to have the Mbox 2 Micro Mini that I got with PT8 connected. If I leave it unconnected, PT won't open at all. I thought maybe the MBox 2 would function as a "key" as well.

Ok I got it working randomly by restarting the computer, but it seems random as the next time it wasn't recognized until I unplugged the interface and plugged it back in again. Then I started getting DAE memory errors, which never happened with my Mbox Micro Mini. I did try lowering the recording delay but then moved it back after recording. However, I was unable to add any more plugins etc without getting an error, that even crashed the program once. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? Also, The guy I bought the Mbox 2 from didn't ship the USB cable with it - I'm using the one from my Line 6 UX2. What is that kind of cable called, so I can order one from amazon?

Dude. Come on, two threads?

What two threads? I made one before because I couldn't find the Mbox 2 driver on Avid's site. This is about setting the Mbox itself up with PT 8. And no one has replied with helpful information on either one. So thanks for keeping tradition alive.

The USB cable isn't anythin unique. Its similar to one you would use plugging in a printer.

Like this:
USB-cable.jpg

And no, you wont need the mini anymore. And dont try to run PT w/ both plugged in.

The USB cable isn't anythin unique. Its similar to one you would use plugging in a printer.

Like this:
USB-cable.jpg

And no, you wont need the mini anymore. And dont try to run PT w/ both plugged in.

Ok thanks, yeah I know what the cable looks like, I'm currently using the one that came with my UX2. But I want to order a new one on Amazon before I sell the UX2, so what is this cable actually called? When I type in USB I just get the regular kind