Big Trouble With D.I

Andrasia

New Metal Member
May 31, 2014
Hi Guy I need you help!
Recently I discover a Huge Probleme with my rig! It's happens yesterday still until now!
WHen I record my guitar in D.I there is a kind of distotion (pretty Heavy in fact)
I don't notice that first cause I was playing with high gain sim...

That was not like that before and the best..I change nothing!
Here is my setup: Ibanez Viper directly trhought the Hi-z Input of my edirol ua25ex.
I check the input level no problem, no clipping and the trouble come even If I low the input to the maximum!

I attache an exemple (sloppy play ^^) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/b21jgw0emgdo081/Big%20Trouble.mp3?dl=0
Its the direct track with just a boost of 10db cause I usually record my D.I Fairly low..

Arg just tested on my réel amp! It's make the same!!!
So it's come from the guitar!

That's a DI?? Something in your guitar circuit must be really messed up. Did you open it?

It's "normal" that some clipping occurs with active pickups.
If it's too much, lower your pickup or do the 18v mod.

EDIT : just listen to the audio file... that's a lot of distortion !
Is your HiZ input setup properly ?
When plugin your guitar on a clean amp channel, you've got that much distortion too ??

It's "normal" that some clipping occurs with active pickups.
If it's too much, lower your pickup or do the 18v mod.

Yes, but his clip sounds like a good amount of natural distortion happening. Way too much for a DI. And doesn't seem like lowering pickups would help him here. Something is really wrong or he has gain on 11 somewhere in the chain.

It's Natural Born Distortion! Yes even on a clean amp it do that!
Crazy hum... :kickass:

Hey! I finally found...
It's was...my wife:guh: I have two box..one with new battery and one with the old...she just pick up randomly in and so the 9v I was trying was also non-loaded! :hotjump:

I tell her...don't touch my box (lol..) but as You know women =always right so I get a :"you should just label them" plus a middle finger (metal girl are worst^^):kickass:

So sorry,

P.S: I'm suprised because I think that having a non-loaded 9v will just lower the signal but not create such disto!