Bigger sound!

meul

New Metal Member
Aug 24, 2007
www.jlvermeulen.nl
Hello there,

English is not my native so excuse me for the spell an grammar faults!

I'm busy with home recordings on my pc for a while. But when I listen tot other artists home recordings, they always seem to sound bigger and more direct then my own stuff.

Personaly, I don't think that my sound sucks but that my problem is in that I don't succeed to get an (I always name it) ‘in to your face’ sound.
My tracks are sounding a sort of far away instead of that the music is in the room. Lots of compression and brick wall on the masterbus seems to help a bit but is also taking away to much dynamics and causes a certain listeners fatigue.

I wrote a new song lately, here’s the link,

http://home.kpnplanet.nl/~jlvermeulen@kpnplanet.nl/Sound/Jan Vermeulen - Nightshift 32.mp3

Can you people give your vision on the sound from this track, and if you think it should sound much better then this, what can I do to make it sounding louder (radio ready), more forwards and bigger without losing to much dynamics

If you need more information about the setup, let me know!

Thanks for listening and you help,

Jan Vermeulen (Meul)

Kewl tune, i cant really give you a direction on where to go. but the song reminds of two words: Mr. Bungle :lol:

I Wish I wrote that. Dig it man. concerning production I think it sounds like your snare might need a little more volume. Sounds like something off of Steve Vai's Flexible with a modern twist.

Thanks for listening!

@ edrush, Hi Ed, never heard from this band untill I did a google this morning.
Your right, I recognized some of the wikipeda discription in my own music.

@ ScottCash, Hey there, txs, On my Samson monitors the snare sounds in good balance but when I checked the mix on my in car audio I could hear what you talking about. good to know for future mixes. thanks!

greets,
Jan