Looking for a bigger sound..

Decimator

Apr 15, 2007
Finland
www.mikseri.net
Here's the latest song that I have done.. The problem now is that I want it to sound big.. Like Kamelot or something similar. Not the whole song though, the intro and chorus basically. Do you have some tips for panning and stuff.. Also comments for the sounds are appreciated

I have used kjaerhus chorus to widen the synths and the guitar tracks are panner 100% LR and 80% LR.

http://www.sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/Decimator/Majestic-Clip.mp3

I´m lstwning on crap speakers at the moment, but it sounds like you should work more on your drumsounds. they sound very small compared to the rest of the mix. try using less verb on the snare as well.

The intro reminded me alot of SYL.

Maybe your room is too bright causing you to mix too dark.

Here's an effort to lift the blanket off the mix.

Here's the intro... (Note it's from an MP3. The top is splashy)

Majestic

I´m lstwning on crap speakers at the moment, but it sounds like you should work more on your drumsounds. they sound very small compared to the rest of the mix. try using less verb on the snare as well.

+1, the drums sound a bit too weak. Otherwise I think it sounds pretty good, the guitars fit in very nicely.

The intro reminded me alot of SYL.

Exactly, I got a huge SYL/DTB feel from the whole song :) And not saying that in a bad way, I love Devin's shit.

Thanks for the comments everyone!! Especially Mood Bender:headbang: I think it sounds bigger already.. And a lot better! I didn't even notice my mix was too dark :oops:

Have to concentrate on those drums now then.. Thanks again, this helped a lot already

...And yeah I like SYL and DTB :)

A lot better IMHO. The snare sounds a lot more punchy and overall the mix sounds more like whole now. What did you do, compression and different EQ?

Katos perkele, muitakin suomalaisia täällä :lol:

I changed the snaresample :) and reduced the verb on the actual snare.. I also added more room ambience to the drums. Then just added a little bit presence to the whole mix

Kyllä näitä löytyy ;)

The song is great in my opinion! I would love to hear it with vocals.