Biggest Dissapointing Album of 2004

Anvil

Brain Bubbled
Jun 2, 2004
i'd have to say

Metallica - St. Anger

i'm not much of a fan of metallica's newer stuff, but jeez... common guys this is just a slap in the face.

Except that came out in 2003. Good job, guys.

I'd be tempted to say In Flames's Soundtrack To Your Escape, but I wasn't at all disappointed, since I was expecting it to suck. So I'm going to say Megadeth's The System Has Failed–all this hype, and the best track on the album (the awesome speed metal tune "Kick the Chair") is posted as a preview, and then what do we get? More Adult Contemporary hard rock, the metal equivalent of Sarah McLaughlin and Alanis Morrissette–catchy, fluffy, and lacking any real balls whatsoever. MegaDave fails.

Pyrus said:
Except that came out in 2003. Good job, guys.

owned.

Yeah, The System has Failed was pretty mediocre, but my vote goes for the new Woods of Ypres. Why you ask? because it had the audacity to take Katatonia riffs and call itself "summer" "black" metal. Although it was a decent album it just did not meet the hype and high expectations I had for it. Thus it is a dissapointment, not to mention how all the kiddies are jumping on the bandwagon going "ooohhh SUMMER BLACK METAL HOW INNOVATIVE AND AWESOME! IT'S PROGRESSIVE!!!!" Next please.

INSERT - ALSO, please stop that rediculous genre classification and call it avante-garde, and half my complaints are gone.

...and don't even get me started on the rest of the crap released this year by once great bands but seeing that most of them (Iced Earth and In Flames most specifically) were already in decline, their loss just isn't that much of a big deal to me.

AnvilSnake said:
i'd have to say

Metallica - St. Anger

i'm not much of a fan of metallica's newer stuff, but jeez... common guys this is just a slap in the face.
weird, I wasnt really expecting anything from them in the first place.

I'd be tempted to say In Flames's Soundtrack To Your Escape
Thats because you suck.
It didnt suck.
Like you did.

Anyways. It didnt.
You're not swedish, so you have no opinion here.

And for me? dunno.

heh, yea well, i'm always a year behind where i'm supposed to be.

Megadeth's album was pretty terrible... i thought it was going to be hella-good, but then... pfft. *slap in the face*

The most disappointing to me is Amon Amarth Fate of Norns. While I like it, and it's possible it will get better with time, it is truly a disappointed from AA.

the big fat, smelly, sloppy, greasy, corn ridden, explosive TURD of the year is: (drum roll please....) Annihilator, All For You. Avoid at all costs, it's just a flea ridden, stupid, utterly inane, insipid pile of shit. I’d like to know who took Jeff Waters’ balls and put them in a purse. The pace a turtle could outrun, and the Donna's could out perform everything Annihilator 2004.

I don't know, Nevermore's EoR sucked some major ass

Seriously though, since I forgot St Anger was an '03 release, I'll revise my thought and say... worst releases of 2004 goes to:

Tiamat - Prey (They'll never reach as high as they used to)
Iced Earth - The Blessed and the Damned (worthless compilation)
Hammerfall - One Crimson Night (Haven't liked anything since Legacy of Kings)
Amorphis - Far From The Sun (Kick out Pasi, bring back Tomi's vox!)
Samael - Reign of Light (Anything since Passage is disappointing)

Okay here we go.

Inflames while not being the album I wanted I still thoroughly enjoyed.

Megadeth, yes was disappointed. BACK IN THE DAY kicked ass though.

Iced Earth , loved it sorry.

Metallica, hahahahahahahahaahahahahahaha. Yeah whatever. DOnt listen to anything past Master OF Puppets. Was expecting nothing and got less than that. Even though it was released in 2003 it was still the worst of 2004 also. :D Nothing even came close. All hail the shittest so called heavy album ever made , besides everything by Korn. :worship:

AMon Amarth Fate of Norns I liked , couldve had a few faster songs but I still think it kicked ass.

My biggest disappoint of this year and even though I still liked it I think it couldve been better. LAMB OF GOD ASHES OF THE WAKE.