Biggest Dissapointing Album of 2004

Being Satandin, I am immune to the inquisition. Hell, I don't even know who the fuck they are. :)

Satans_Mom said:
The most disappointing to me is Amon Amarth Fate of Norns. While I like it, and it's possible it will get better with time, it is truly a disappointed from AA.

the big fat, smelly, sloppy, greasy, corn ridden, explosive TURD of the year is: (drum roll please....) Annihilator, All For You. Avoid at all costs, it's just a flea ridden, stupid, utterly inane, insipid pile of shit. I’d like to know who took Jeff Waters’ balls and put them in a purse. The pace a turtle could outrun, and the Donna's could out perform everything Annihilator 2004.

Well personally I have liked them for years and I don't mind this cd.

Disappointments for me would be new In Flames but I guess their last one wasn't that good either. New Soilwork sounded too much like they were trying to follow In Flames with the sound they came out with.
Another HUGE dissapointment for me was the new Evergrey because their last ones were so good and this one has never catched no matter how many times I listened to it.
One last band I thought released a bad cd was Pain Of Salvation - utterly boring.

NGC 3370 said:
Well personally I have liked them for years and I don't mind this cd.

Disappointments for me would be new In Flames but I guess their last one wasn't that good either. New Soilwork sounded too much like they were trying to follow In Flames with the sound they came out with.
Another HUGE dissapointment for me was the new Evergrey because their last ones were so good and this one has never catched no matter how many times I listened to it.
One last band I thought released a bad cd was Pain Of Salvation - utterly boring.

BE or 12:5?

I don't know, but I find BE to be absolutely mind blowing. It is experimental, innovative, and Pain of Salvation's best, which is saying a lot. It definitely gives me an amazing impression of what "The Perfect Element Part Two" is going to sound like, although I just don't know if they can top this one. The lyrics and music and vocals and...christ, everything comes together so perfectly. And 12:5 is also utterly amazing. Ashes is unbelievably striking and poignant as an acoustic song. The Inner Circle is also my favorite Evergrey. *shrugs*

add grip inc, big disappointment..well some of the songs...

Saliva-Survival of the Sickest is the worst metal band inthe world, fucken morons

Big dissappointments for me:

Black Label Society - Hangover Music Vol. 4 (slow and boring)
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape (not really a disappointment though, as I was expecting it to suck. And it did)
Nightwish - Once (over-the-top, even by their standards, and industrial elements that I never expected to hear from this band)

Poison God Machine said:
Black Label Society - Hangover Music Vol. 4 (slow and boring)
In Flames - Soundtrack To Your Escape (not really a disappointment though, as I was expecting it to suck. And it did)
Nightwish - Once (over-the-top, even by their standards, and industrial elements that I never expected to hear from this band)

oooo total agreement :loco:

Agreed with Hemi on the new Annihilator. From the riffmaster who brought you "Sixes and Sevens," "Epic of War" and other such thrash gems comes this steaming heap of wusscore bullshit. Annihilator has always been inconsistent, but All For You is just utter crap all the way through. Avoid avoid AVOID.

hmmmmm this may come to a surprise to people who think i'm all "In Flamez!!!11!one~!! lolz0rZ!!! YAY"... but yeh soundtrack was the biggest disappointment to me... that or the new amon amarth

Annihilator were always shit...the rhythm section was totally messy in the chorus...

well it was converge - you fail me, but then i listened to it again just recently without expecting it to sound like their previous album jane doe, and it fucking rules. so uhh, i dont really have a 'most dissapointing' album this year. at least not one that i can think of at the moment. so yeh. check out converge if you arent a pussy.

check out converge if you arent a pussy.[/QUOTE]

Over rated noise. This is not a slight toward you Neal i just hada a bad experience with Converge involving a hardcore guy and this album. He tried to convince me to buy this album and instead I bought SONS OF NORTHERN DARKNESS by IMMORTAL. Nuff said. He told me I didnt know what good msuic was. I laughed and told him whatever . Things got uncomfortable in the middle of a HASTINGS.