Biggest Musical Disapointment

It's watered-down, all the songs sound the same, there's no hooks, gone are the weird-ass time signatures that attracted me to them in the first place, and now they're all over MTV (not MTV2...MTV). Fuck Mastodon, they're finished.

LMAO the album is like 1000x more technical than leviathan, most people are complaining that it has TOO many weird time signatures. The album is much more groovy than leviathan, and has much stronger hooks IMO. The watered down comment is absurd, as this album has taken me far longer to digest than their previous two albums

and all the songs sound the same? the wolf is loose and sleeping giant sound nothing like one another, for example. One is a blazing fast thrashy type song, while the other is a stoner pink floyd type song

and I am ecstatic that they are all over MTV, this band's success means more success for the genre of metal in general, what could be bad about that?

I dunno what people find wrong with it, the drumming is excellent, there are alot of interesting riffs, the stoner atmsophere works well, its very technical but still has lots of emotion, and there is plenty of variety in the songwriting :confused: :confused:

LMAO the album is like 1000x more technical than leviathan, most people are complaining that it has TOO many weird time signatures. The album is much more groovy than leviathan, and has much stronger hooks IMO. The watered down comment is absurd, as this album has taken me far longer to digest than their previous two albums

and all the songs sound the same? the wolf is loose and sleeping giant sound nothing like one another, for example. One is a blazing fast thrashy type song, while the other is a stoner pink floyd type song

I dunno what people find wrong with it, the drumming is excellent, there are alot of interesting riffs, the stoner atmsophere works well, its very technical but still has lots of emotion, and there is plenty of variety in the songwriting :confused: :confused:

I wouldn't call BM more technical than Leviathan. They are both equally technical imo.

No, it's not good. Mastodon's new album fucking sucks, quite frankly. I'm not trying to barge in and be the dick here, but it fucking sucks. It's watered-down, all the songs sound the same, there's no hooks, gone are the weird-ass time signatures that attracted me to them in the first place, and now they're all over MTV (not MTV2...MTV). Fuck Mastodon, they're finished.

Are you deaf? Listen to it again.

I would also have to agree, but Leviathan was a masterpiece, so I didn't think they would top it. But it still isn't bad.

Yeah man, look at my post count...I don't even post THAT much! Only 7.01 PPD. Anyway, CG, you are cool and stuff but not many people really understand what you're saying, and you need to a). stop posting a million times in a row, and b). not flame people/make dumb comments.

c) stop trying to be internet tough guy/ brutal fuck.

anyway, my post count is 19.09! Most of that came within my first 4-5 months/summer. I've slowed down since baseball started and all.

And I'm more of a night time user.

edit- and I don't bother to read threads.

I like the variety in the album - there are some torrid heavy songs, some mid pace ones, and some really good weed smoking pink floyd type stoner songs :Smokin: :Smokin:

Fantomas is a huge disappointment. Although I like Fantomas, I think Mike Patton, Buzz Osborne, Trevor Dunn and Dave Lombardo should be the greatest band ever instead of some avante-garde-crazymaker music.

Come to think of it, Mr Bungle was disappointing after their S/T album (which was sheer genius).

Ozzy's 'No Rest for the Wicked' was a disappointment though in hindsight, it's not as bad as I thought it was. The same could also be said of Slayer's 'Divine Intervention' - which took awhile for me to really dig into.

And I know it's like tongueing a rotten tooth but Metallica's Black Album was a huge disappointment for me. They need to stop listening to Bob Seger and Skynard and dig up their old Celtic Frost, Venom and Mercyful Fate cassettes.

Fantomas is a huge disappointment. Although I like Fantomas, I think Mike Patton, Buzz Osborne, Trevor Dunn and Dave Lombardo should be the greatest band ever instead of some avante-garde-crazymaker music.

Come to think of it, Mr Bungle was disappointing after their S/T album (which was sheer genius).

Ozzy's 'No Rest for the Wicked' was a disappointment though in hindsight, it's not as bad as I thought it was. The same could also be said of Slayer's 'Divine Intervention' - which took awhile for me to really dig into.

And I know it's like tongueing a rotten tooth but Metallica's Black Album was a huge disappointment for me. They need to stop listening to Bob Seger and Skynard and dig up their old Celtic Frost, Venom and Merciful Fate cassettes.

Yeah I don't see what's so big a deal with Fantomas myself... their third cd was interesting but everything else is just blah to me.

Manowar, Gods Of War. BIGGEST DISAPOINTMENT EVER. I'm going to be upset for the rest of the year after that album *sigh*.

Countdown To Extinction was disapointing from Megadeth because of the greatness of Rust In Peace that came before it.

Amon Amarth's Fate Of Norns was a huge disapointment. I'm sooo glad that the album that came after it is their best effort thus far.

And the last most disapointing album that comes to mind atm is Katatonia's The Great Cold Distance. After they came out with the great Viva Emptiness they came out with a very slow and boring album called The Great Cold Distance. *sigh* I hope the next one's better.

That's what stands out but imo Manowar's newest album has got to be the new St. Anger cept St. Anger wasn't as disapointing because of Load and Reload that came before it.

Wintersun

Why don't u like Wintersun.

And the last most disapointing album that comes to mind atm is Katatonia's The Great Cold Distance. After they came out with the great Viva Emptiness they came out with a very slow and boring album called The Great Cold Distance. *sigh* I hope the next one's better.

/QUOTE]

The Great Cold Distance is their best since Brave Murder Day. It's a very subtle album, it grows on you, so give it time.

Haha cool. I never liked it though because of the slowness in it but I'm sure ya understand since that's a common complaint for the album.

Right, there's better thrash anyhow. My appreciation for Megadeth isn't amazingly great, but Countdown made an impression of sorts.