Biggest Musical Disapointment

Carcassian

Utopian Blaster
Oct 6, 2005
The Fens
A thread in which you can relay all those deeply dissapointing purchases, perhaps after having sought after them high and low.

Recent dissapointments have been getting hold of Isobel - Bjork (Carcass mix) - which of course sucks horse cock, but I was convinced in my own mind over all these years that it would be fucking awesome.

Another recent kick in the fucking balls was the Peaceville X compilation that I finally got a hold of in January this year, principally for the Blackstar cover songs, which although the best things on the CD were really only of average quality.

Interested in your tales of woe:

Wintersun's selftitled was hailed by so fucking many to be this goddamned second coming of Christ in metal that I was thinking it'd be amazing as all hell. I listen to it and am put to sleep by it, one of the most boring albums I've ever heard. Horrible album.

Not that I sought after it but still ...

Hmmm... I should add Mithras - Worlds Beyond The Veil, which infamously got a 10/10 review in Terrorizer, and was described in pretty much the same terms as the cure for cancer, secret to eternal life etc.

Imagine my surprise to find it a fucking ultimately mediocre appallingly produced Morbid Angel clone with some cunt on a keyboard inbetween tracks.

Rubbish.

Wintersun's selftitled was hailed by so fucking many to be this goddamned second coming of Christ in metal that I was thinking it'd be amazing as all hell. I listen to it and am put to sleep by it, one of the most boring albums I've ever heard. Horrible album.

Not that I sought after it but still ...

i thought it was pretty good
~gR~

I like "In The Name Of God" and "Death's Head" in addition to that song, and in actuality I'd take Diabolus over Christ Illusion or the other post-Seasons material anyday.

Really ? I think that Divine Intervention is the best post-Seasons album by quite a long margin. Other than a couple of duffers, most of the tracklisting is quite strong.

I meant in terms of a personal dissapointment with an album that you'd looked forwards to.

Another for me would be Slayer - Diabolus in Musica, which aside from Screaming from the Sky is fucking turgid SHITE.
I thought "in the name of god" was a great track off of diabolus...devin townsend is fucking genious, but i was disappointed as hell with "the new black". Maybe 2 good tracks on it but devin had too much shit on his plate at the time and rushed it.

I meant in terms of a personal dissapointment with an album that you'd looked forwards to.

Another for me would be Slayer - Diabolus in Musica, which aside from Screaming from the Sky is fucking turgid SHITE.

i knew

so, my list:

- Metallica after the black albun
- The albun after like gods of the sun, from My Dying Bride
- The albun after Draconian times, from Paradise lost
- Anathema after Eternity
- Diabolus In Musica and God Hate Us All, from Slayer
- The X Factor and Virtual XI, from Iron
- Anthrax wit John Bush
- Theatre Of Tragedy after Aegis
- Dimebag's death
- House Of Gods, from King Diamond
- Mayhem after the alive albun Mediolanum Capta Est
- Public Enemy and Anthrax together
- Sepultura after Arise
- burzum since Filosofen
- Swansong, from Carcass
- Death Cult Armaggedon, from Dimmu Borgir
- Diatribes and Fear, Emptiness, Despair, From Napalm Death
- Amorphis after Elegy
- Tiamat after Wild Honey
- Endorama and Outcast, from Kreator

during the thread i'll remember more

Vader - De Profoundis

Don't get me wrong, I liked it, but I had heard The Beast and Litany before this and I was told De Profoundis was far and away the best Vader... this wasn't the case for me and it's probably the Vader album I listen to least (out of the ones I can listen to).