Biomechanical Free Gig in London!

Existenz

Nov 12, 2004
UK
Biomechanical have a showcase for 'The Empires of the Worlds @ The Camden Underworld London on Wednesday afternoon May 18th.

Earache has put this gig together for Magazine and websites and has decided to make this a FREE gig for fans aswell.

Doors 1pm
Band onstage 2pm

NO ticket needed, just turn up (Skive off school or take a sicky off work) :headbang:

Thanks Lee (Again :) )

I'm gonna do my best to get along to this, seeing as its in the afternoon I may just be able to make it! Will be a long day though as I'll have to coach it down from Yorkshire and back in the one day! Heres hoping I can scrape together some pennies!

Jonoleth said:
I'm gonna do my best to get along to this, seeing as its in the afternoon I may just be able to make it! Will be a long day though as I'll have to coach it down from Yorkshire and back in the one day! Heres hoping I can scrape together some pennies!

There will be a beer waiting for you if you make it :kickass:

From Earache.com

FREE BIOMECHANICAL GIG AT THE UNDERWORLD, LONDON, MAY 18th

The UK's Future Heavy Metal Gods 'Biomechanical', who are about to release
the groundbreaking album “The Empires Of The Worlds” through Earache/Elitist on June 6th,
will play a FREE hometown showcase gig for journalists and fans alike in London’s Camden Underworld
on Weds May 18th.
Doors are at 1pm and the band is on stage at 2pm. So plan an afternoon off Work/School now- No tickets needed, just turn up and be prepared for some serious headbanging!
If you want to witness the next big thing in UK metal then get your self down to the Underworld on the afternoon of May 18th . . . No Excuses!
6.jpg

Cazaline said:
noooooooo......... i wont be able to go :( :( :(
sooooooooo gutted as u guys r like my fave band now hehe. its too far for me to travel on ma own (teehee) and is during college n at this time its kinda importante as the exams coming up....dammit!!!

Shame you won't be able to make it :( , I'm sure the Biomech guys will gig in the UK this year :)

Jonoleth said:
My finances are in the red at the mo so it looks unlikely I'll make it in the end... Talk about gutted...

:(

I'll hold that drink for the next Biomech gig :)

I would like to express my appreciation to the band for the gig at The Underworld. I had a great time, particularly enjoying the Painkiller cover which was spot on. Certainly the most well executed cover song I have witnessed, and probably a better performance than Priest, themselves, could deliver nowadays.

I must say, however, that I was frustrated with the behaviour of the younger people who were at the gig. This was supposed to be a Metal gig, but their childish behaviour before and during the gig reminded me more of a primary school disco. If you wish to run around and play "kiss chase", please fuck off.*

Also, to those with whom I discussed the band that I am involved in; I would appreciate that any discussion or information that you wish for should be forwarded to me, directly, through PM or e-mail.

Anyway, kudos to Biomechanical for another great performance. I hope that "The Empires of the Worlds" brings you the acclaim that you deserve.

Also, thanks to Earache for the free food and booze, and a big fuck off to the fools in The Devonshire Arms - the Metal Militia will crush them all.

*If anyone has a problem with this, feel free to send me a Private Message. However, please note that you will probably be responded to with little more than a large dose of apathy.

What happened in the Dev? Did they not let you in because of the stupid dress code or something?

For my own part I really enjoyed the show. The kids didn't really bother me too much, but I was very suprised at how young some of them were. 12 or 13 in some cases it seemed. Still, at least they got to hear some proper metal rather than their usual My Chemical Romance or whatever it is this week.

My own downfall was the free beer. To say I'm feeling fragile today is the understatement of the year. I fell asleep on the bus, ended up somewhere in North London and missed my last train home, costing me £50 in a taxi... My only consolation is that Andy from Earache was a lot worse than me. He could only communicate in a series of yelps and grunts :)

dead6skin6mask6 said:
what was the setlist?

I had a great time! The Biomech boys were :kickass: free booze and food(Thank You Digby :) ). I think it was great to see youngsters at the gig, they've got great taste in music :D Nice to see you Adam, Steve, Peter and the rest.

Here is the set list

1 Enemy Within
2 The Empires of the Worlds
3 Existenz
4 Long Time Dead
5 Regenerated
6 Relinquished Destiny
7 Assaulter
8 Painkiller