Blabbermouth posts 2 exclusive Live tracks from Alive 2

im impressed the instruments sound really cruuuunchy which fuckin rules. Joeys voice is good enough but sounds a little weak on ATL but i think that is just a kind of weak song (for the vocals not instruments) as alot of the words are kind of quick talking....and please, dont quote quote me and say "bush made ATL powerful" cos IMO, he made it worse by sounding liike a slow,tired, old man......hes still a great voice though haha....I am the law live on the other hand sounds really cool

t-rave said:
nice to hear them played like the original versions again! Spitz sounds great! Joey sounds good too! Actually Joey sounds a little more aggressive these days.
actually, i remember hearing danny fuck up some of the solos. i think these are overdubbed solos done later. his guitar cut out on a lot of the songs too

I agree, this ATL live with joey has the 'vibe' (I am the law is not as crushing, though) and i think ATL recorded with John is the weakest song in TGOTE. But i love John singing 'In my world', I can't understand why they include this only in the special edition, that songs kicks ass!! Specially scott yelling the "find my mother dead" part. It rules!

JohnThrax said:
actually, i remember hearing danny fuck up some of the solos. i think these are overdubbed solos done later. his guitar cut out on a lot of the songs too

If you heard Danny 'fuck up' his solos, then surely they wouldn't of been overdubs. Why would you overdub a solo with a 'fucked up solo'?:erk:

Mickenglanduk said:
If you heard Danny 'fuck up' his solos, then surely they wouldn't of been overdubs. Why would you overdub a solo with a 'fucked up solo'?:erk:
no, i mean I was at the show, i saw him play these songs LIVE

Let;s face it for a live recording it sounds awesome! it's raw in your face and brutal....Joey sounds as good as he ever did, if you don't like the old live stuff you won't like it now too, but he hasn't lost any of it!

Live there's always some minor mistakes if you want perfect recordings go and check the studio albums....

IMO this is ANTHRAX at it's best!

We called it Alive 2 because it's the 2nd with this lineup. And we like old Kiss.
That Madhouse Best Of has nothing to do with us.
This is the first time we've had any say at all in a Best Of. And we got them to spend the money and remaster those tracks. Hopefully they will remaster the complete albums at some point.
I would've liked to put all of this in a box set but the labels weren't having that at all.

Mr. Wu said:
We called it Alive 2 because it's the 2nd with this lineup. And we like old Kiss.
This is the first time we've had any say at all in a Best Of. And we got them to spend the money and remaster those tracks. Hopefully they will remaster the complete albums at some point.
I would've liked to put all of this in a box set but the labels weren't having that at all.
I figured it was a tribute to old Kiss.

I would LOVE to hear all the old albums remastered though.

Mr. Wu said:

So why it's included among the other records on the current official site??? That doesn't make sense to me at all.

Wow did those sound good. Crunchy as hell and Joey sounds better than ever... I am a big fan of the old Anthrax sound but Joey did sound dated at times. He sounds fucking killer here though!!!! I really want a new album.......... AND A HEADLINING FUCKING TOUR!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess I am kinda excited to see this dvd. I would like to see them live if they ever make close enough to me. This is the stuff that got me into them so I am excited!!!

At least he has the balls to leave his actual performance on the record/DVD and not double/add in the studio....and it sounds damn good!
it does ? sorry i don't make enough money to but every version of "i am the law" this year. this one didn't rock my socks off any more than the last 10 they released.
bring back bush or, at least move forward. it's like a time warp they don't want to leave.i lived in the 70's , 80's and 90's with music now i'm living in the 2000's why won't anyone join me lol.

karrokid said:
it does ? sorry i don't make enough money to but every version of "i am the law" this year. this one didn't rock my socks off any more than the last 10 they released.
bring back bush or, at least move forward. it's like a time warp they don't want to leave.i lived in the 70's , 80's and 90's with music now i'm living in the 2000's why won't anyone join me lol.

Dude give them some time to get it together... If it feels right I am sure they want to move forward. I think they are probably testing the waters.. I think they have the capability to make one of the greatest Thrax albums ever!

I thought it sounded pretty fuckin good. I'm a J Bush supporter but hell that sounded raunchy,fast and in time. Good job guy's. Scott-seems like you've got two good line ups. I saw them with Dio last year in San Francisco and they rocked then too. Just keep it real whatever you guy's do !