Black Ambient

CitizenKane

New Metal Member
Feb 12, 2008
Ireland
anyone here into black ambient? I for one love Burzum's last two albums, most stuff by Vinterikket, Abruptum's 'Casus Luciferi',Atrium Carceri, Beherit's 'Electric Doom Synthesis' and Fenriz's (of Darkthrone fame) Neptune Towers side-project. Any thoughts?

Black ambient? What is the difference between that and dark ambient done by black metal members?

(and my opinion is that it is pretty good sometimes but most of the time dark ambient projects that aren't random side projects are much better).

Black ambient? What is the difference between that and dark ambient done by black metal members?

(and my opinion is that it is pretty good sometimes but most of the time dark ambient projects that aren't random side projects are much better).
I've always thought of Black Ambient as black metal that is very ambient and not structured like a normal metal song, or music that alternates between ambient and black metal. My guess would be something like Velvet Cacoon

Khlyst-Chaos Is My Name
Halo-Massive Corporate Disease
Advena-Sensory Disconnection
Dark Abyss-Dark Abyss ...Of Hate

these are the closest one i could think of right now

"hexerei im zweilicht der finsternis" by aghast

it's like creepy ambient witchery, or something

also:

mortiis - crypt of the wizard
mortiis - stargate
dark ages - chronicle of the plague
dark ages - twilight of europe

dark ages is a side project of roman from drudkh and it's got a very dark and melancholic atmosphere plus it's all about bubonic death!

and i second dark abyss, for sure