BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yngvai X said:
Im not talking about the lyrics Im talking about the music.

Grave Digger = balls

Sonata = no balls

Um......... In my opinion..........Sonata Arctica has better music than Grave Digger

Yngvai X said:
someone should subdivide the "powermetal" genre into "flower power metal" and "real powermetal", with Rhapsody, Stratovarius, Angra etc falling under the former and Rage, Grave Digger, Iced Earth, etc falling under the latter. :p

Hah :tickled: That is nonsense. Power Metal is Power Metal and Power Metal is Power Metal. I consider a lot of Power Metal to be under Progressive Power Metal as well. Bands like Angra, Stratovarius, etc.

Better music or not, it's a question of testicular mass. Bands like Iced Earth and Manowar have obviously enormous testicular mass. Bands like Korn, Atreyu, and Cradle of Filth do their best to display what is supposed to look like testicular mass, while posessing none. And bands like Sonata Arctica make no attempt at hiding their enormous tits and tight pussies. Though I like Sonata Arctica too.

coolsnow7 said:
Better music or not, it's a question of testicular mass. Bands like Iced Earth and Manowar have obviously enormous testicular mass. Bands like Korn, Atreyu, and Cradle of Filth do their best to display what is supposed to look like testicular mass, while posessing none. And bands like Sonata Arctica make no attempt at hiding their enormous tits and tight pussies. Though I like Sonata Arctica too.

:)

...and where would you place SX on your testicular spectrum?

soundgarden said:
:)

...and where would you place SX on your testicular spectrum?
Me, I'd place them at elephantiasis of the testicles. Russ is the only singer I've heard with that kind of range that still sounds like a man in the upper register.

weenur said:
Russ is the only singer I've heard with that kind of range that still sounds like a man in the upper register.

He IS impressive.

Yet at times, he can (deliberately) sound more feminine, and be really effective at it. I'm thinking of stuff like parts of "Candlelight Fantasia" and the like. To me that really shows his versatility when you contrast it to the "ultramanly" vocals he does in something like the "RISE, MY MINIONS!" bit in "Egypt".

weenur said:
Me, I'd place them at elephantiasis of the testicles. Russ is the only singer I've heard with that kind of range that still sounds like a man in the upper register.

LOL no way, Symphony X is at the artsy end of the spectrum. Romeo tries to make the music ballsy with some chunky riffs, but then a piano solo or a SAAAVE US FROM THIS MASQUERADE OF LIES! choir starts and ruins everything. :lol:

hmm...what started out as a discussion on black metal has progressed (or REGRESSEED? lol) into a discussion on testicles.

I'd gladly pitch in my two centavos on the issue though. At least the one in question at the moment.

SymX show versatility in showing up on various sides of the testicular spectrum (for a lack of a better term)

^^LOL

@arglebargle - I guess we have different views on what we consider heavy. I certainly don't think prancing around in knee-high leather boots, while rasping about Norse gods or Satan in dropped-C tuning is particularly heavy. I keep laughing at it, so it's more funny to me than heavy.

And to think that people with mainstream sensibilities (to the stake with the lot of them!) wolf up Cradle of Filth, thinking that they're "teh cat's pajamas" 'cause they listen to them. That's a rather mainstream attitude though. Thinking like "Oh I'm sooo cool, 'cause I listen to <INSERT ARTIST'S NAME HERE>!" but having nothing to show for it, besides having about one or two singles burned on a disc that includes Simple Plan, Yellow Card or whatever the bloody hell they listen to.

I LOVE black metal. It's my fav genre, bands i like are:

Dimmu Borgir, Burzum, Naglfar, Old Man's Child, Gorgoroth, Finntroll (although they're Folk Black), Kovenant, Necrophobic, Summoning, Stormlord, and that's just some.

I don't only listen to black metal, i listen to alot of power and prog, but mainly black metal.

weenur said:
^^LOL

@arglebargle - I guess we have different views on what we consider heavy. I certainly don't think prancing around in knee-high leather boots, while rasping about Norse gods or Satan in dropped-C tuning is particularly heavy. I keep laughing at it, so it's more funny to me than heavy.

If you're referring to black metal, no, I don't consider it heavy either.

IMO, black metal isn't heavy. It's fast, and aggressive, but heavy? No.
I do however, think viking metal is heavy. Amon Amarth (Some songs - Down the Slopes of death, Bloodshed etc) are heavy, and Battlelore are, again. (Songs like Raging Goblin).

Rose Immortal said:
He IS impressive.

Yet at times, he can (deliberately) sound more feminine, and be really effective at it. I'm thinking of stuff like parts of "Candlelight Fantasia" and the like. To me that really shows his versatility when you contrast it to the "ultramanly" vocals he does in something like the "RISE, MY MINIONS!" bit in "Egypt".

I don't really like Russell Allen THAT much, maybe that is why I like a lot of other bands better. If it was me, I'd prefer a Geoff Tate or a Tony Kakko over Russell Allen just for the reason I like higher registers better.

@Legionaire- I think A lot of Black Metal are jokes haha ;)