Black Metal guitar work

Jimmy... Dead.

contemplative curmudgeon
Feb 7, 2007
Planet Bullshit
Ever since i've been on this board I've been trying to get into black metal and find what my taste was.

I like the atmosphere and synth type stuff but I still feel like there was something I was missing.

...and it hit me today! Jesus' Tod by Burzum, which is exactly the type of sound I am looking for.

No Synth or anything, hardly any vocals, the drums are just tempo driven. I LOVE THE GUITAR WORK.

I want the guitar to be the main focus, just great dark riffage!

The feeling of that song is amazing.

If anyone can recommend any other song(s)/band(s) that have this sound please spit it out!!!
:heh:

Fuck what's all this And Oceans hype about lately? fuck they're nothing special, and I don't think they're relevant to this thread.

I don't have that Burzum song on hand, but are Nargaroth's "Det Lys Aldri I Livet Orke" and "Possessed By Black Fucking Metal" of the ilk you're after?

...and Oceans first album is decent.

For stuff like Burzum try Fanisk - Noontide

Fuck what's all this And Oceans hype about lately? fuck they're nothing special, and I don't think they're relevant to this thread.

I don't have that Burzum song on hand, but are Nargaroth's "Det Lys Aldri I Livet Orke" and "Possessed By Black Fucking Metal" of the ilk you're after?

I agree with that, but I wonder about the whole guitar work thing as well, as Burzum's guitar work is by no means "Special".

I am thinking you might enjoy Blut Aus Nord's Ultima Thulee.
Also Summoning's Dol Gulder.

Yes, I realize both of these are synth heavy... but you will enjoy them.

gtfo. What's with all this And Oceans bashing? They're a hell of a lot better than Nargaroth and half the stuff you listen to.

...and Oceans is the least apt recommendation possible considering what the guy asked for. It couldn't be much farther from Burzum.

Drudkh - Forgotten Legends is exactly what the OP wants. Minimal, driving drums, sparse vocals, and hypnotic riffing.

...and Oceans is the least apt recommendation possible considering what the guy asked for. It couldn't be much farther from Burzum.

Drudkh - Forgotten Legends is exactly what the OP wants. Minimal, driving drums, sparse vocals, and hypnotic riffing.

I love that album.

So far I've listened to Forgotten Legends and Autumn Aurora and have found both to be quite excellent.

I've been trying to get into Nortt's Funeral Doom style but It's taking a bit to sink in.

I am also really enjoying Burzum's Filosofem, Aske and Hvis Lyset tar Oss

^ Can any one translate those album titles? esp Hvis Lyset Tar Oss - ?

If you like Burzum, check out Evroklidon.. Theyre a Christian Black metal band (No, realy.) So that might be a big minus, but they sing in Czech language so you wont understand anything anyway :lol: The music is fucking great