Black metal research project

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
So I get to do a research paper on anything for English. I'm thinking about doing Black Metal because it's probably the most interesting non music wise.

So if anyone has any has any good interviews, videos,etc on bands, preferably big named 1st and 2nd wave bands like Venom, Darkthrone,Burzum,etc I would love it if you could post them.

Thank you in advance

Don't forget to include butt sex somewhere in your paper.

Check out the book Lords of Chaos. All about the church burnings and murders in Norway during the beginning of the second wave. Has interviews with Ishahn, Varg, Samoth, and a bunch of others. There's ALOT of interviews with Varg though. Gets kinda ridiculous.

Most of the ones I've seen from Darkthrone are recent, and it's mostly about old school metal/punk.

But, yeah forgot about all of the letters.

Now that I think about it, they have a couple of interviews that they had all on one site. All written. It was posted here.

Where is that interview with Nocturno Culto with that fucking microwave oven?

Buy Frostland Tapes, it has a great interview in the book inside.

Speaking of which,

Goatlord rehearsal tape >>>>> Goatlord album

They should have just released that. It's so fucking cool that it hurts. Makes me wish even more that they would have officially released a second death metal album, as their penchant for catchy 'technical' death metal is just so much better than pretty much everyone else ever.

Youtube will have a bunch of videos and then there's a documentary at the end of Metal: A Headbanger's Journey that has interviews with a bunch of black metal dudes.
Also I saw this movie called Black Metal that had interviews with a bunch of guys, including I believe King and Hellhammer. Netflix has it.

Speaking of which,

Goatlord rehearsal tape >>>>> Goatlord album

They should have just released that. It's so fucking cool that it hurts. Makes me wish even more that they would have officially released a second death metal album, as their penchant for catchy 'technical' death metal is just so much better than pretty much everyone else ever.

I agree, the instrumental one kicks ass.

There's some pretty interesting stuff about Gaal from Gorgoroth if you watch this whole series:

Last edited by a moderator: