Black Neon Bob (Nuendo question)

Carcass29

3oIF
Sep 21, 2005
New York
just a quick question to you...I believe you said you are using Nuendo 2 for recording. I'm pretty new to using this host, I was just wondering how do I quad track guitar on this application without recording the track I last recorded. What I mean is everytime I record one track, the other track gets recorded as well during playback of the next recording. I'm also plugging direct into the soundcard...any help on setting this up would be appreciated...thanks

Hey Carcass29

I`m not Bob, but you`ll have to unarm the record button on the track you`ve already recorded before you record a new one.

cool thanks for the heads up on that...I knew it was something stupid that I was over looking, I'll give it a try and thanks.

Even the easy things become difficult when`re not used to the sequenser yet:)

If you`re quad-tracking, you could e.g. create 5 audio tracks and use only one of them for recording and move the parts over to one of the other tracks when recorded. Press Ctrl when moving the parts so it won`t move out of grid.
You can e.g. pan Gtr 1 & 2 100% left and right and route them to Gtr group 1You can e.g. pan Gtr 3 & 4 80% left and right and route them to Gtr group 2
On the group tracks I`ll normally apply EQ and comp if needed, and adjust the volume. I`ll route the groups to a Gtr Master, so I only have one fader to concentrate on later in the mix (It`s also practical to do it like this if you want to use e.g. C4 on all your guitar tracks).

This is of course only one way of doing this, but it works fine for me. :)

Haha.. i was just thinking the same thing Mendel ma boy... still here though!

Carcass, did it work out? i think amadeus said it well, so nothing to add really.. :p