Black Widow Records - classic, evil doom

JayKeeley

Be still, O wand'rer!
Apr 26, 2002
www.royalcarnage.com
Anyone familiar with Black Widow records?

http://www.blackwidow.it/page.php?pg=news

First of all, they released Pagan Altar vol 1 on vinyl:

judgealbum.jpg

I'm assuming this is HARD AS FUCK TO FIND?

Secondly, they seem to have an interesting catalog. Any clue about any of these bands? Doomcifer? Evil Legend? IOfTheStorm?

MALOMBRA: "Black Sabbath meets King Crimson"

BWR003.jpg

THE BLACK: "dark classical, Sabbath"

BWR008.jpg

NORTHWINDS: "doom, celtic, folk, 70's prog, and NWOBHM"

BWR040.jpg

NECROMANDUS: "depressive doom" - produced by Tony Iommi in 1972

BWR043.jpg

MINOTARUI: "Pentagram meets Sabbath meets Sarcophagus"

BWR077.jpg

And a whole bunch more...

Haha, I didn't realize those images were so big - I just linked the catalog pics.

Yeah that catalog looks amazing - just as good as that Steel Fortress out in Switzerland. Unknown labels with 'deep-as-fuck' underground classic doom bands = teh win.

With that said, I STILL need to get me some Pentagram and Witchfinder General.

I own that Minotauri, which I got from Evil Legend. It is pretty good but the singer is an acquired taste. Those others are making my cock rise up north just by the descriptions!!!

I'm gonna see what I can find and hopefully post some samples. WOOT!!BUNG!!

Doomcifer said:
Those others are making my cock rise up north just by the descriptions!!!

Wait till you see the catalog. There's shit like 'Hawkwind meets Pentagram' in there, and lots of 70's psych stuff.

I'm gonna see what I can find and hopefully post some samples. WOOT!!BUNG!!

That would be cool.

So there still exists stuff that even the might Doomcifer is unaware of....just how big can the underground be? :tickled:

I like it so far! I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to hear Necromandus very soon! Produced by Tony Iommi? Recorded in 1972-3? WTH!?!?!!
!!!

oh WHAT THE FUCK!!!! I was just thinking to myself a few hours ago that I have WAAAAAY too much stuff to listen to and wrap my head around, not to mention about 15 albums I havent heard yet, and here comes JayKeeley just TOTALLY ruining it all for me....in a good way nonetheless...but DAYUM!!!!

I don't take all those marketing tags to heart until I truly hear the music though. I need to find some first.

I'll do it after I get home from Lowe's and install my frickin' new faucet...I gotta do some PVC work. Good 'ol homeowning.

I didn't hear anything on those samples that completely WOWed me in a way that leads me to believe that this band will own my soul in the near future, but they're certainly very good and I will check em out and buy their stuff if possible!

Doomcifer said:
I don't take all those marketing tags to heart until I truly hear the music though. I need to find some first.

Yeah sure - those descriptions I put in the thread were just 'summaries' so you guys could get an idea of what it might sound like. Definitely check the samples. A couple of those Northwinds songs already sounds really cool.

You know what I feel like listening to now? THUNDERSTORM!

I used to stock that MINOTAURI - S/T. I like it, but those guys over at Black Widow are way too expensive for me. I can't afford to stock any Black Widow unless I can trade for stock.

Have you heard any of these bands on their roster, Tim? Or anything else from their catalog?

Also, ever checked out I Hate Records? I think they put out the "Time Lord" 12".

timelord-album.jpg

I just noticed they're selling stuff like Thee Plague of Gentlemen, Isole, and Vulcano (which I've been interested in since the first time Erik interviewed Fenriz).

JayKeeley said:
Have you heard any of these bands on their roster, Tim? Or anything else from their catalog?

Also, ever checked out I Hate Records? I think they put out the "Time Lord" 12".

timelord-album.jpg

I just noticed they're selling stuff like Thee Plague of Gentlemen, Isole, and Vulcano (which I've been interested in since the first time Erik interviewed Fenriz).

DUDE, Isole Forevermore and Thee Plague of Gentlemen Primula Pestis are fucking really REALLY REALLY great.

Doomcifer said:
I have the Necromandus...can't say that it is THAT good.

Did you have to look that up to remember? Be honest now.... :lol:

Yeah, I want to hear that Thee Plague of Gentleman on the artwork alone!! That's a great record cover.

JayKeeley said:
Did you have to look that up to remember? Be honest now.... :lol:

LMAO...actually, yes.

If you want another unbelievably good UNDERGROUND doom band look no further than Lux Incerta. I have only heard a few songs so far but what I have heard is GODLY! I wanna get a hold of that Antonius Rex they have on the site.