Black Widow Records - classic, evil doom

Erik said:
DOOOOOOOM TIL DEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just got the Isole album and three other of Crister's projects, it's all GOOD SHIT DUDES. Ereb Altor, Februari 93, Forlorn, they all make me URINATE IN MULTIPLE DIRECTIONS WITH GLEE.

Yeah, Forlorn (pre-Isole) were/are great. In the same class as Solstice and the ilk of the mid-90's.

Edit: Thanks for royally fucking up the dimensions of this thread. Someone actually needs to KILL TULLY. :tickled:

Erik said:
Have you heard Februari 93? It's like pop folk avant garde metal doom :tickled: heavy weird cool atmospheric :cry: music.

Nope, cannot say that I have! I am gonna upload a Lux Incerta song though for this thread I think since we're on the topic of ULTRA underground doom gems. :)

JayKeeley said:
Have you heard any of these bands on their roster, Tim? Or anything else from their catalog?

Also, ever checked out I Hate Records? I think they put out the "Time Lord" 12".

timelord-album.jpg

I just noticed they're selling stuff like Thee Plague of Gentlemen, Isole, and Vulcano (which I've been interested in since the first time Erik interviewed Fenriz).

I'm actually looking for that LP. It's out of print and hard to find. There is stuff on there I need to hear!

I've been wanting to check out that NORTHWINDS... but haven't yet.
I've heard from BLACK WIDOW...off the top of my head:
MANILLA ROAD - Spiral Castle LP. The CD is missing one song... so the LP is a must.
RIPPER - ...And The Dead Shall Rise CD
MINOTAURI - S/T CD

Doomcifer said:
Lux Incerta - Clear Water

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1I3C3QJ3XD7VW3R9PL0JZKR4HE

JayKeeley, get ISOLE ...NOW!!

Dud....that pretty much RULED.

especially the *CHACKAKHCAKAKCHKAHKCAH CHUHCUCHUCHUGGUGUGHAUCHAKLCHAKCHA YEAAAAA METALLL DOOOOOM AHHHHHHH FALLING BRICKS* parts

Though the vocalist really sounds like he should be in The Cruxshadows, Bella Morte, Bauhaus, VNV Nation, or any other Goth/Darkwave/EBM band.

Necromandus are not something special indeed. And not "depressing doom" too.
Northwinds rule supreme (especially "Great God Pan")
Pentagram should sue (did i spell that right?) Malombra
Checking the catalog on the website i can recommend this:
Cirkus - One (amazing prog rock, totally unique sound and vocal lines that even remind me of Heir Apparent's Steve Benito)

Hey thanks for uploading. Northwinds seems eclectic as fuck, in that 70's kind of vibe. That "Northwinds" track sounds like Pink Floyd before it hits those chords of doooom.

Re: LUX INCERTA - nice. It's ok, I'll give it a few more spins on my hard disk. Goddamn frogs singing in frog. :loco:

So, there's this obscure label compilation which is almost not that special, BUT

there's this 2-minute thing on there by none other than Slovenia's own Smeagol clone, Mr. Doctor, not exactly as Devil Doll, and was the ONLY thing he recorded after Dies Irae. ONLY because he's friends with the owners of Black Widow records

Damnit, I want that compilation