Blacker than the blackest black.... x INFINITY!!!

I'm really loving this mix!
obviously the acoustic sounds le sex but what's really impressing me is the overheads!
you can hear that this mix was alot of effort (automation) but as well a lot of fun to work on.

One of your best works so far IMO.
top league

Sounds great. Krankenstein + 6505 again?
Acoustic sounds beautiful. Martin I'm assuming. Curious to what mic was used for that.
yeah, the same amp combo... and yep, that's my Martin... the signal chain was very simple... Røde K2 into ADL600.. and that's pretty much what you're hearing.. very very little done to it in the mix, just a HPF at about 40-something, very mild compression - 2:1 pulling about about 1-2 db on the peaks, and sent very lightly (at about -20) to the drum verb.

Sounds awesome!
(on my crappy speakers anyway)
The guitar solo that kicks in about 01:39 gave me déjà vu, though. I believe I'm thinking of Behemoth's "Slaves Shall Serve" (which I don't have, so I can't check). FWIW.
But yeah, kickass stuff.

could be, the influence is reversed of how you might think though.... the lead singer/lead guitarist of Rise toured with Behemoth as guitar player in the US back on their Zos Kia Cultus tour, and during that tour he gave Nergal lessons.

yeah, the same amp combo... and yep, that's my Martin... the signal chain was very simple... Røde K2 into ADL600.. and that's pretty much what you're hearing.. very very little done to it in the mix, just a HPF at about 40-something, very mild compression - 2:1 pulling about about 1-2 db on the peaks, and sent very lightly (at about -20) to the drum verb.

:kickass:

Absolutely incredible. As I said in AIM to you, this really crossed the boundary from engineering as "everything tight and punchy" to a level beyond that which is "engineering as an art form and compliment to the music itself." This sounds like it will make my favorite albums list of the decade when it comes out. Honestly. Praise of the highest order is in due.

Kazrog has spoken.

And you boost the amps, too, correct?

Sounds crazy good.

Is the snare a blended tone? I hear a little bit of Andy's snare sample in there. Not saying it is that sample, but it sounds similar to the one he posted eons ago.

could be, the influence is reversed of how you might think though.... the lead singer/lead guitarist of Rise toured with Behemoth as guitar player in the US back on their Zos Kia Cultus tour, and during that tour he gave Nergal lessons.

Ahhh, enlightening - thank you sir. I learn something new every day...

(...and usually forget it by tomorrow)

And you boost the amps, too, correct? Sounds crazy good.
hey thanks. well, i used a TS-808, but it's not really boosting per se... more like low/low mid control.... the gain knob was on about 1 - 1.5 probably.... not more than 2. it does add a little extra bite.

Is the snare a blended tone? I hear a little bit of Andy's snare sample in there. Not saying it is that sample, but it sounds similar to the one he posted eons ago.
yep, blended tone... i actually recorded this album as well and was really happy with the original snare sound... so it's a blend/ehhancement rather than replacement. i used a couple different samples... the main ones were from the sample session we did of the kit right after getting it set up. there is indeed a sample i got from Andy in there, but not the one you're thinking of... it's one that came originally from the infamous and ubiquitous D4. it's not very forward in the blend and is there to add a bit more "heft" to the blend. mostly what you're hearing is the original snare, and a sample set from the original snare.