blackstar amps

Tachy

Senior Fuckers
Dec 9, 2005
In Italy
Hey guys, anyone have real experience with those amps? I'm really intrigued to buy one, but I haven't the option to try them in a store........
And wich series do you prefer, s1 100 or s1 200??

Played the 5 watter little head guy...5HT or something? Thru an Orange cab. For metal tones, you basically had to max out the lead channel....but it was tight and chunky!!! Surprised me.

Played the 5 watter little head guy...5HT or something? Thru an Orange cab. For metal tones, you basically had to max out the lead channel....but it was tight and chunky!!! Surprised me.

I used to own the HT5 combo, and maxing it out was good for metal lead tones, i had to put it at about 2-3 o'clock to get the right amount of distortion for the typical post-thrash tones.

The HT100 is the same as the HT5, but 100w and a few more functions(presence+resonance and voicing-switches for each channel etc.).

I was there (at Blackstar) last week

checked out almost all their stuff.

Have to say the Series 1 stuff is killer.

That power stage attenuator is the dog's bolox.

The HT serioes is good bang for the buck although I found them a bit muffled-sounding with a weird honk in the mids on the overdrive channel.

Funnily enough... The clean channel does a wonderful AC/DC crunch.... fat and virant. I imagine it takes pedals well .

Cliff Brown was testing out a new version of the 100 watt series 1 6L6 amp -sounded killer

good amps, but IMO they don't really bring anything new to the table...
got offered an endorsement some time ago, but I decided I don't need it cause it really doesn't do anything that my other amps can't do

good amps, but IMO they don't really bring anything new to the table...
got offered an endorsement some time ago, but I decided I don't need it cause it really doesn't do anything that my other amps can't do

Now I have the 5150II and the dual rectifier, I need another amp for the studio work, I you were me Lasse, what would you buy?

Dude, you don't need clips of a 2203. It's on basically every Slayer record. Also, the guitar tone on Carcass - Necrotosism is a good example of what you can do with a 2203 and a RAT pedal. Also, the Ozzy record - No More Tears (I'm fairly certain) is the 2203 with Boss Super Overdrive.

"No More Tears" is an Ampeg VL-1002, but Ozzmosis is a JCM800 2203.

Last edited by a moderator: