Blind Guardian best album

sevag00

Order to Chaos
Jan 29, 2006
Beirut
Hey, im new to this forum, but not to metal genre, im listening to metal for about 10 years, when i was 13 years old. So i wanna ask about blind guardian, which album is the best one. I got "Somewhere Far Beyond" album, i think it was great, and i want to have your opinion about this album.

There are 5 albums that are really good (in chronological order):
Tales from the Twilight World (started their unique style)
Somewhere far beyond (more elaboration in the epic style, still not cheesy. Some bad songs, some great)
Imaginations from the Other Side (really epic, but also very aggressive at least for power metal)
Nightfall in Middle Earth (not as aggressive as IFTOS. Great hymns. Called cheesy by some. Definitely not cheesy in a Rhapsody way)

I recommend you go on either with Nightfall or Imaginations, according to your taste concerning agression and cheese.

Erik said:
BATTALIONS OF FEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar

Winnar

I know I'm going to sound like the typical metalhead here, but I'm enjoying the Lucifer's Heritage demos the most at the moment. :p

Follow The Blind

I'm alone, follow me!
Calling you, follow me!
I'm alone, follow me!
Follow the blind
Follow me
Follow me it's my time
Follow me
Follow the blind

I'm a 'Nightfall' man myself - Noldor, Nightfall, The Curse of Feanor, Mirror Mirror, Time Stands Still are all great tracks.

The three most recent ones are nothing short of perfect.
"Imaginations" is the most agressive and least cheesy of the three; "Nightfall" is much more complex and very well-rounded as a concept record; "A Night at the Opera", their most recent one, while being the softest and least dark of the three and suffering from a somewhat crappy production, has far superior songwriting.
Essentially, your choice is between the best 90s power metal record of all time, the ultimate fantasy concept album and the zenith of symphonic metal songwriting.
Did I mention I like this band? ;)