Blind Guardian in Toronto yesterday!

Ecstatic Youth

...playing with fire
Here's my little shit ass blurb on the show.

Saw them yesterday. it was hella good.

sadly, i only know one album(Nightfall...) and they played all the best songs from it: Into the storm(opened with), Nightfall, mirror mirror, and time stands still. the best was time stands still. i thought the musical grandeur and large sound of the song could not be reproduced, but the vox grandeur was done great. hansi was great, the four other guys in the band on their mic made the sound bigger and the 1000+ people helped alot too. NIghtfall was second best. wowwy. other songs i had never heard before that impressed the hell of me were IMaginations From the other side, that song about Valhalla, and under the ice(i believe its called). i wanna download those songs, and i really wanna go buy Imaginations from the other side now. and hansi seemed really impressed/freaked out kinda about how much/often the crowd would chant "Blind Guardian! Blind Guardian!". he liked it though. great fucking show.

Umm, Symphony X blew my mind, pretty much. the music was great, the singer was good(he had a velvet shirt on, that was really funny). symphony x's music was very well done and they were tight, but the guitarist. wow, the guitarist was so fucking good. every single solo in every song they played was like over a minute long and he was just shredding and sweep-picking the whole fucking time. the only songs i remember them playing were(and i don't know if these song titles are right):
-Sin and smoke
-egypt
-church
thats all i remember of them. yes, and my bro who has seen TONNES of bands live, said that hte guy from symphony x was the best guitarist he has ever seen live.

P.S.
Hansi is one rightious metal bastard and has one of the coolest voices I have ever heard!

hahaha, I just made a post asking you if you'd gone

incredible show

intro to nightfall in middle earth
into the storm
welcome to dying
nightfall
requiem
mordreds song
valhala
bright eyes
under the ice
time stands still at the iron hill
harvest of sorrow
bards song
imaginations from the other side
encore
lost in the twilight hall
lord of the rings
mirror mirror

something like this, there might be more from BoF and IFTOTS.But I dont have those albums, thus I dont know the song.The set was near to the order I listed. another holy war might have been on there
As for the show, it was like the IE one, -in flames or IE.

SX, they were about as good as JP.The singer was doing some faggy dancing, but great musicianship.

BG put on a fantastic show, although hansi held a lot back because of his voice wouldve been burnt out.My back was aching so I sat through half of the set.

the BG drummer fucking RULES!

there was NO moshing and NO crowd surfing.Most people were just chilling and watching the band.It was not as packed at the front as I wouldve thought.

I think under the ice was the best song they played, my fave anyway.Came out fantastic, great crowd interaction.

totally

I met a guy who SAW sanctuary open for megadeth like 10 years ago

AND, when Nevermore came to toronto, he bought all the guys jagermeister, but molson for WD.He got all kinds of shit signed a free hoody and was OFFERED to be a roadie for the last leg of the tour.He turned it down for his job, but damn.Luckiest man alive.

Hell yes!!!!!! I was at the show in Rochester last night , was abasoulity amazing , we gave about 3 encores :) Was a very good show. BG fuckin rocks live!!!!!!! :eek: