Blind Guardian - US tour late fall?

txprog

Feb 22, 2006
Saw a link on Portnoy's board which shows the bards playing in San Antonio on December 15th. Hope official word comes soon.

Saw a link on Portnoy's board which shows the bards playing in San Antonio on December 15th. Hope official word comes soon.

Coming directly from Hansi during an interview I did with him last week:

"We'll be doing a North American tour starting in late November and it will run all the way into late December."

I don't want to make this official, but he pretty much confirmed it.

Their last two US tours were in Nov - Dec.
Guess they like the States that time of year!

I just hope the Chicago date isn't Thanksgiving weekend again.

I saw Miles Beyond open for them in 06 and that was pretty cool. A nice refresher from the seemingly endless parade of shitty screaming local bands opening every show.

And then Gamma Ray in February.

Man, and possibly Helloween / Stratovarius as well!
(Ok - the Strato part is only wishful thinking, but hopefully Helloween will make it to the States within the year).

Furthermore, you guys need to get better net skillz.....

I easily found the Chicago date.

Monday November 29 @ Bottom Lounge, with Seven Kingdoms.

Goddamn it! Why a Monday? I hope they do a Milwaukee date either the Saturday or Sunday before that. Looks like I might be cursed yet again in not being able to see them.

Simon -
I feel your pain!!!!
I missed both times they were in Chicago.
The Metro show was on my wife's birthday, and the last time was on Thanksgiving (where we always have out of towners at our house, etc).

Jose - Lucky you! You might actually see me at a show before the end of 2010!

Simon -
I feel your pain!!!!
I missed both times they were in Chicago.
The Metro show was on my wife's birthday, and the last time was on Thanksgiving (where we always have out of towners at our house, etc).

Jose - Lucky you! You might actually see me at a show before the end of 2010!

Been to the Bottom Lounge yet?

Furthermore, you guys need to get better net skillz.....

I easily found the Chicago date.

I was going to say, "of course you found it easily numbnuts, I started a thread about it right here at this forum 10 days ago!"

But now, that thread is gone. It still shows up in Google's cache though. I was kind of wondering why it didn't get more than two responses.

Did I violate some sort of rule, or was there just a board glitch? Hopefully this thread doesn't suffer a similar fate!

Edit: I see that the ticketweb link is no longer valid, so I guess someone at The Bottom Lounge jumped the gun and someone made them pull it back. But does the reach of Blind Guardian's management extend to every message board on the Internet?

Neil

I was going to say, "of course you found it easily numbnuts, I started a thread about it right here at this forum 10 days ago!"

But now, that thread is gone. It still shows up in Google's cache though. I was kind of wondering why it didn't get more than two responses.

Did I violate some sort of rule, or was there just a board glitch? Hopefully this thread doesn't suffer a similar fate!

Edit: I see that the ticketweb link is no longer valid, so I guess someone at The Bottom Lounge jumped the gun and someone made them pull it back. But does the reach of Blind Guardian's management extend to every message board on the Internet?

Neil

I was wondering the same thing. It's like right after I posted about Seven Kingdoms, the thread was deleted. And then a couple of hours later the link to buy the tickets was removed as well.

If this is the date that it ends up, hopefully they do some shows near IL that Thanksgiving weekend. I would love to spend the weekend following them around.