Blink Of An Eye problem...

Mephisto_pheles

New Metal Member
Apr 7, 2003
Poland
Visit site
Well, I guess this is the best place to receive a competent answer to such a question:

The first track on "Blink...", "Under Fire", ends pretty ubruptly. Should it be this way or is it a manufacturing mistake?

:wave:

Mephisto_pheles said:
Well, I guess this is the best place to receive a competent answer to such a question:

The first track on "Blink...", "Under Fire", ends pretty ubruptly. Should it be this way or is it a manufacturing mistake?

:wave:

I thought the same thing at first, but then I hadn't been listening closely
enough to the lyrics. The ending of the song is right in line with the
subject matter of the song.

Cheers,
Bill

BillyJ said:
I thought the same thing at first, but then I hadn't been listening closely
enough to the lyrics. The ending of the song is right in line with the
subject matter of the song.

Cheers,
Bill
I lent out that CD to a friend (was a difficult thing to do!) and the first comment he had was the way Under Fire ended. He was like, dude, the one song was cut off, and I was like, dude, listen to the LYRICS!

That song grabbed me, big time! Maybe because I was watching the news alot then. :( The ending was perfect, because the end is, well, the end.

Kristin
via dragon

Dude...I love that song, and I think it ends itself perfectly.

Dude...it may be a little abrupt, but it's all, like, fitting and awesome and stuff.

Dude!

;)

I'm always torn on this debate. On the one hand, it's a neat effect with a purpose. On the other, it's distracting! Especially in an age of incomplete MP3 files, it can lead the uninformed listener to worry more about the song's ending than anything else (ie, when people are in my car or borrowing my CDs or listening to my playlists).

"Pull Me Under" is another example of this.

btw, from an espudd.com review:
"And then there's the ending. If you're looking for a profound way to end a song and to drive the meaning home right through the heart, study 'Under Fire'."

-matt
np: Helloween - Windmill

It may be distracting when heard through a random MP3 collection, but imo, it transitions into the bass drums of Monday very smoothly.