Blog time

Kenneth R. said:
lol nightingale does weddings! :D

I actually will have a (Death´n Roll) metal band playing at my wedding :D Maybe even two of them but I haven´t asked the other one yet because I have some time until then.

And these bands (I don´t say names cuz I want them to myself :D. Finnish bands, though) are not just chosen to what I (or we) like, but they really play a role in my life, so it´s very special to me.

fireangel said:
And these bands (I don´t say names cuz I want them to myself :D. Finnish bands, though) are not just chosen to what I (or we) like, but they really play a role in my life, so it´s very special to me.

amorphis?
i mean the old amorphis

paradoxile said:
amorphis?
i mean the old amorphis

If you assume I am in the income bracket that would allow for two people to pay for an entire Amorphis-Gig, you need to let go of that assumption now. Besides, I don´t know them or they me (but I met Esa Holopainen once :cool: ). So, no, it are other bands.

About reading the blog, I am very curious on how that "folky" song would be like :)

Dan's newest blog (6/27) is very interesting. Sounds like there will be new experiments in the lyrics of Nightingale. It is indeed true they have always been of the "I did" nature and not the "He did" nature that we see on EOS discs like Crimson. Speaking of this EOS lyrical nature, I found it odd that Dan mentioned a "kick in the groin of religion" as a possible theme. I just love all the anti-religious lyrics in EOS, but it "seems" as though something like that wouldn't fit with Nightingale. It'll be interesting to see if I can relate to that, it might be enough that I have such personal disdain for relgion. Hehehe. If Dan goes that route, I'm sure he'll make it work well. The other two themes mentioned were "depression" and "love song." Big hurray for the depression, and big :puke: for the love song. I think Nightingales best lyrics come from their darkest songs.

@Dag - Do you write your own lyrics? I ask b/c I know you're doing most of the song writing for this Disc. I couldn't tell if Dan's blog comments referred to ideas for his own songs, yours, both, etc.

@Dag - Do you write your own lyrics? I ask b/c I know you're doing most of the song writing for this Disc. I couldn't tell if Dan's blog comments referred to ideas for his own songs said:
No, i don´t write any lyrics in English. Hopefully Erik will write a few this time.