Blood I Bleed, Grindcore/Powerviolence.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2158140/BIB.mp3
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/2158140/BIB2.mp3 (slllllightly updated mix & different song)

Recorded this this weekend!
All live, except for vocals and one guitar overdub.

Drums is the useall, still all natural + some roommics which also pick up some bass & guitar.
Bassist used my bass rig for bass, but guitar is the guitarplayers marschall jcm800 setup with a Metalzone haha
So needless to say the Snowstorm in Alaska kinda sound is what they wanted :)

Anyone got any pointers?
I personally thought overheads were kinda loud, but thats mostly cool in the genre, so i decided to keep them up there for now and see what opinions were :)

Mvg,
Jb!

I think the second clip sounds better in terms of definition, but both are somewhat blurred/muffled/busy/CAARRAZZZY (which, granted, may be the desired effect). Aside from the overheads and the snare, I think the drums are pretty indistinct. You can hear some things poke through now and again, but it's still pretty muffled by everything else.

I don't really listen to this stuff, and don't think I ever would, so I don't know the accepted standards of the genre.

I hate to sound like an old curmudgeon (even though I'm not old), but I truly do not see how a band like this has fans. Nothing in it is remotely comprehensible. I'm sure that's "the point", but to me there is nothing to this that would engage a listener, nor the musician playing. Sorry if it's your band, I truly mean no disrespect. File me under "doesn't get it".

Hahaha, i get your point man :)
Its all chaotic as fuck (i'll make a solo drum mp3 ghehe), but thats how they want it, if i make it more defined it loses the snowstorm in alaska effect.
And yeah, there are hoooordes of people who like this haha, i saw a hell of alot in czech republic at Obscene extreme when i played there anyway.

But Kick and toms are pretty unhearable you would say?

Yo JB, yeah man like you said: it's perfect when you compare it to a blizzard hehehe, yeah grindcore doesn't a lot of clarity in the mix does it?, given the fact that i once solely listenend to grind; i would like to say that even though it's hard to pick up the kick/toms/whatever seperately, but as a whole, and then for grindcore, the sound is perfect?;)

Mzzzl, JV

Yo JB,
For Blood I Bleed it sounds killer man.
I´m suprissed you even get that much drumsound at all from the drummer:heh:
Did you replace anything at all, I know these guys hate triggering:lol: