Bloodbath logo

min

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Recently I have purchased the Gorement cd "Darkness Of The Dead", it's a compilation album with all the stuff Gorement recorded in the early nineties. Well, reading the booklet I have found this:

... We got a lot of complaints about the logo on the "Human Relic" demo, because of itssimilarity to the Gorefest logo (don't know what that came from, ha, ha!), so we decided to get a new one. It was drawn by a friend of ours and it turned out damn cool I think! It has even been used in a re-worked version by the Swedish all-star death metal band, Bloodbath (feat. members from EoS, Opeth and Katatonia.)

:eek: ... and it's true

bloodbath_logo.jpg

gorement_logo.jpg

By the way, the demo stuff of Gorement was recorded by Dan, I suppose that the idea of the logo is a tribute to Gorement, isn't it? Great music anyway, higly recommended death metal :worship:

great post!

its absolutely no secret we (or i) ripped the gorement logo. u gotta know, that at the time it was drawn, bloodbath wasn't even a settled project and there wasnt anything to be released. bloodbath was nothing but a drunk party that that resulted in a recording (magic times btw!). if anything, we were joking around hinting of releasing this recording as one of those cult old underground demo cassettes complete with a black 'n white cover and we just had to get a classic slightly unreadable logo for it: gorement was one of the very early underrated demo bands that never got anywhere, so this is where the tribute came in. moving on, as this recording later ended up to become the 'breeding death' ep on century media, we surely had too much other things on our minds remembering the logo was ripped by gorement and needed to be changed... and why change it anyway?

it's still a tribute...:headbang:
and a rip off...:oops:

Besides, who wants to go through the trouble of creating their own logo? I loved how the old Katatonia logo was done. I should get that tattooed.

I like the Bloodbath logo better, not saying that cause I love the band but because the other one reminds me of some Norwegian underground Black Metal logo, wich I dont like. We got too many of those..