Bloodbath Production

Exsanguis

Aug 27, 2003
Visit site
I was just listening to Resurrection Through Carnage(perfect), and wondering how you(Dan) got such an awesome drum sound. Is it triggered? If so, what triggers and module did you use? If not, what mics and techniques were used?

I think he uses a tecnique called total awesomeness, something I've never tried but I've heard it's supposed to be really good.

Cerebus said:
I think he uses a tecnique called total awesomeness, something I've never tried but I've heard it's supposed to be really good.
Can't buy that at your local guitar center!

Right from the first time I heard Ressurection Through Carnage, I knew it was my favourite drum sound on any album ever. It's so perfect and crazy :D

Dan > world

Come on guys!!!! The drumsound on that album was meant to sound BAD!!!!! I wanted it to reek of old 80's death metal recordings, and I guess I failed???
It was recorded this way...I programmed all the drums to use when we recorded the rael tkes of guitars, bass and vocals. Then I erased all the programming except for the bassdrum!! I tuned up (or tuned down) a 15.000$ Premier Signia kit with Paiste Signature cymbals (and some incredibly junky hihat cymbals that was broken beyond belief) and miked it all up. I played everything but the bassdrums to a clicktrack. When I came home I realized that I didn't played it tight enough so I cut up all the snareparts in recycle and quantized the audio and then I rerecorded all the cymbals!!!

D

Dan Swanö said:
Come on guys!!!! The drumsound on that album was meant to sound BAD!!!!! I wanted it to reek of old 80's death metal recordings, and I guess I failed???
D

:lol:!

btw, Dan, I saw Katatonia yesterday, in Tampere :Spin: It was totally awesome and magic; and they played truckloads of old songs, aswell as all the great stuff from Viva Emptiness. And on saturday I´ll see them again :dopey: But I haven´t dared to speak to them yet, maybe next time.
:wave:

Dan Swanö said:
It was recorded this way...I programmed all the drums to use when we recorded the rael tkes of guitars, bass and vocals. Then I erased all the programming except for the bassdrum!! I tuned up (or tuned down) a 15.000$ Premier Signia kit with Paiste Signature cymbals (and some incredibly junky hihat cymbals that was broken beyond belief) and miked it all up. I played everything but the bassdrums to a clicktrack. When I came home I realized that I didn't played it tight enough so I cut up all the snareparts in recycle and quantized the audio and then I rerecorded all the cymbals!!!

D
It was so bad that it was great! I'm guessing you guys tried a bit too hard to make it sound bad, but that's me.

Now tell me, HOW MUCH ARE THOSE NIGHTINGALE SHIRTS?!!

Dan Swanö said:
Way to go Dan, even when you try to sound bad you can't do it!
I just love how powerful the drumsound is, it sounds different than most of the other Death Metal bands I listen to.

The kick sound is the classic "Spiked" from Alesis D4, used on 70% of all my productions in the 90's. The only working triggerkicksound from that machine...
The shirt prices vary depending on the postage and stuff, but a shirt costs 200 skr without shipping and that in dollars today is around 35 USD. It could have costed less but I wanted it to look stunning and stunning costs money...

D

200 SKR ~ 27$ ~ 22E

This shirts is really great, very good quality! One of the best in my (trust me!) very big collection!

ng_ts.jpg

Yeah I love all of the sounds on that CD. They may not be the cleanest, but everything about it just exudes that oldschool, yet modern vibe. One of my favorite death metal CD's that has come out in a really really long time.